• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF vs Tulsa - It’s Game Day Baby!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

free throws... smh  All I want for Christmas is the team shooting 70% from the free throw line. If you add Durr and Rideaux free throw averages together you'd have a decent shooter from the not so charitable line.  Also, Yetna needs to play with better control and those refs were making some very shaky calls.  Im pissed we lost because we should have won... but I think we're getting better.  Also, this was in their house, we almost got one.  

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

Free throws are the achielles heal of this team

6 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Yes indeed they are. It's crazy because the guys missing them have good form, it's not mechanics... it's just a lack of concentration or a lack of confidence.  We need to fix it quick because they'll hack a shack.... except there are a couple of Shaqs. 

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

I used to drive up to the Sun Dome from Bradenton at least once a week for a game. tickets are usually inexpensive & it's always been a good time worth the drive.

it's been a few years but I think I may have to get back to my weekly routine at YeungLing.

I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing from this team. I remember the DoJo days & I think this squad is a more complete team if they can fix a few fairly minor issues.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

I used to drive up to the Sun Dome from Bradenton at least once a week for a game. tickets are usually inexpensive & it's always been a good time worth the drive.

it's been a few years but I think I may have to get back to my weekly routine at YeungLing.

I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing from this team. I remember the DoJo days & I think this squad is a more complete team if they can fix a few fairly minor issues.

Mostly I agree. But when your point guard is shooting 53% from the line and your center is around 38% those are a bit more than minor IMO.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Calibull said:

free throws... smh  All I want for Christmas is the team shooting 70% from the free throw line. If you add Durr and Rideaux free throw averages together you'd have a decent shooter from the not so charitable line.  Also, Yetna needs to play with better control and those refs were making some very shaky calls.  Im pissed we lost because we should have won... but I think we're getting better.  Also, this was in their house, we almost got one.  

Our game vs. UConn was the first Men's basketball game  of any kind (I did watch the Lady Bulls in the tourney), including NBA, that I've watched since Stan Heath got us to the Big Dance. Nice to have a good enough team to be interested again, but the shaky calls you mentioned make it tough to watch sometimes. There were two against Yetna late in the UConn game where I couldn't really detect any contact at all. Just Bogus calls. Wish they would just let them play a little. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Yes indeed they are. It's crazy because the guys missing them have good form, it's not mechanics... it's just a lack of concentration or a lack of confidence.  We need to fix it quick because they'll hack a shack.... except there are a couple of Shaqs. 

What's weird, though, in clutch times at the end of games, they're money from the line. Both losses, we didn't miss one in the final couple of minutes to keep close and in the wins, we weren't perfect in those last couple of minutes but when we really really needed makes, we got them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Free throw shooting has cost us our 1st conference game

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

What's weird, though, in clutch times at the end of games, they're money from the line. Both losses, we didn't miss one in the final couple of minutes to keep close and in the wins, we weren't perfect in those last couple of minutes but when we really really needed makes, we got them.

It's doesn't appear mechanical with any of the guys (the guys mechanics and form)... but missing 11 of 22 free throws will lose you games more often than not against good teams.  You can't rely on turning it on down the stretch free throw wise, teams will hack you early and before that little stretch at the end, we were shooting below 50% from the line for the game.  You make them early, you don't have to rely on getting it together and making them late.  No way to dress this up, free throw shooting played a big part in this loss.  I'd say if we make free throws, we win.

it's crazy... 

I think it's mental 

Edited by Calibull

That said... I love the teams hustle and grit... this is a really good group