• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Martin Fennelly: Finally theres hope for USF basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Haha...hopefully you won’t take it away when I tell you I am a LA Rams fan. 🤘

I suddenly feel cheap & dirty. Lol.

💩

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep...that pesky 1st Admin....

that pesky 1st Amendment applies to everyone

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Glad someone remembers Tom McEwen. He was the gold standard and was the king when I lived in Tampa. I’ll never forget how his columns opened up with what he was having for breakfast. He also did a nice job in covering USF basketball when we made our first two runs to the the tourney. Do you remember his counterpart? Hubert Mizel of the St. Pete Times. At times he could be a little more snarky. He was totally against USF starting a football program. Soon after the WVU win at their place in 06 I believe he wrote an article titled “I was wrong”. Pure class...

Both of those guys were classy and good at what they did.  My how times have changed

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

that pesky 1st Amendment applies to everyone

Indeed

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Both of those guys were classy and good at what they did.  My how times have changed

They were from a different time...they may have not even gottten hired in today’s social media, controversial statement society. Nice does seem to win as much anymore in the media.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

54 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Whatever....

Yep .... haters just gonna hate, **** the facts. It was a positive article with less Toad USF snark than normal, nice inside info on CBG, prominently placed on the front page of the Sports section ...... free publicity for the program ... smh.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

Let it be a lesson to a-holes everywhere. 

Manson killed fewer people later in life, but it didn't endear him to me.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

One of the neat things I recall from when I first helped Brad with the media stuff was attending a half-arsed press conference held inside what might be the smallest room in RJS (I swear that room could not have been bigger than 12x12) -- with Leavitt sitting at a desk and the 20+ reporters circled around asking questions during a break in the Media Day photo session. It was surreal standing there with McEwen on my immediate left, pad in hand to take notes as we listened to CJL answer questions about how the Bulls would do in the upcoming season. I had read his column occasionally for almost 20 years - most of the time making fun  of the way he wrote but eventually just understanding it was a style. It helped that he was fairly positive about USF football from the get go-- or atleast fair about it.

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Let it be a lesson to a-holes everywhere. 

Manson killed fewer people later in life, but it didn't endear him to me.

Speechless ...

54 minutes ago, MikeG said:

One of the neat things I recall from when I first helped Brad with the media stuff was attending a half-arsed press conference held inside what might be the smallest room in RJS (I swear that room could not have been bigger than 12x12) -- with Leavitt sitting at a desk and the 20+ reporters circled around asking questions during a break in the Media Day photo session. It was surreal standing there with McEwen on my immediate left, pad in hand to take notes as we listened to CJL answer questions about how the Bulls would do in the upcoming season. I had read his column occasionally for almost 20 years - most of the time making fun  of the way he wrote but eventually just understanding it was a style. It helped that he was fairly positive about USF football from the get go-- or atleast fair about it.

Love/hate relationship with McEwen. Loved his support of things Tampa Bay but absolutely hated that he was a Florida Gator honk ........ his breakfasts were inspiring, though.