• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Martin Fennelly: Finally theres hope for USF basketball

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

It just felt like a positive article with his normal condescending attitude towards USF

Exactly.  Belittling USF.  

Not good enough.  

Should Bulls lose today, he’ll inform his readers “it’s just USF doing USF stuff, no wonder no one cares about them.”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Whatever....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Whatever....

It’s America.  

Just now, Brad said:

It’s America.  

Yep...that pesky 1st Admin....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I will be satisfied when the times ceases to be, they have made their bed and they can now go the way of other local papers from across the nation. It’s okay if you want to draw attention by being the person people love to hate but when you cross the line into hate to hate people aren’t going to give you any money or clicks. 

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

The article was pretty much positive which is better than his normal asinine attitude. But yeah, he was still poking away at old USF being a second class citizen in his very deliberate hobo with a keyboard style.

Don't lose any sleep over not clicking or reading it. He is the king of jumping on a band wagon and then right off again-- just takes any loss and he will remind all USF fans how insignificant we are supposed to be.

I have hated this dude since the first article I ever read from him. Not sure when he adopted Tom McEwen's choppy writing style but without the class or knowledge, it does not make him look any better. I'd say it make him look lazy and uninformed.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MikeG said:

The article was pretty much positive which is better than his normal asinine attitude. But yeah, he was still poking away at old USF being a second class citizen in his very deliberate hobo with a keyboard style.

Don't lose any sleep over not clicking or reading it. He is the king of jumping on a band wagon and then right off again-- just takes any loss and he will remind all USF fans how insignificant we are supposed to be.

I have hated this dude since the first article I ever read from him. Not sure when he adopted Tom McEwen's choppy writing style but without the class or knowledge, it does not make him look any better. I'd say it make him look lazy and uninformed.

Glad someone remembers Tom McEwen. He was the gold standard and was the king when I lived in Tampa. I’ll never forget how his columns opened up with what he was having for breakfast. He also did a nice job in covering USF basketball when we made our first two runs to the the tourney. Do you remember his counterpart? Hubert Mizel of the St. Pete Times. At times he could be a little more snarky. He was totally against USF starting a football program. Soon after the WVU win at their place in 06 I believe he wrote an article titled “I was wrong”. Pure class...

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

why does USF have such **** beatwriters in the local media?

I can't recall a single writer for the Times or the Trib that has ever been genuinely positive about any of our programs.

not that I generally read either paper, but on this forum at least it seems that every article written in the local media is met with mass animosity. Lol.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Are you people actually reading the article before downvoting it? Please tell me where he said something wrong? Talk about killing the messenger...

I up voted u to help offset the down votes.

not because I particularly care for the article but IIRC you're a Pats fan so it's my duty to help a brotha out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

I up voted u to help offset the down votes.

not because I particularly care for the article but IIRC you're a Pats fan so it's my duty to help a brotha out.

Haha...hopefully you won’t take it away when I tell you I am a LA Rams fan. 🤘