• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Complex Fundraising

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Justin C said:

Again, I don't know the actual allocation of funding. I'd still be pissed if they are sandbagging...

There’s a website called www.gousfbuls.com that’s  chock full of info straight from the horse’s, errr....Bull’s mouth.

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/2017/11/8/usf-football-center.aspx

48 minutes ago, Brad said:

Lotta millions for that.

I think it's more of a recruiting tool.  My guess.

I could go on a whole diatribe against this but won't.   However, I had a very successful club basketball team out here that had no amenities. Just dirt, sweat, scrapes and bruises.  Worked out good for them with a handful playing D1 NCAAB.

We won't win an arms race, we should know that.

Did you use peach baskets for goals?

Perhaps if you had better facilities, you’d be coaching in the NBA now!

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Pretty sure I'd like to see how that equates to performance.

I’d bet...a lot more than an OCS would.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

There’s a website called www.gousfbuls.com that’s  chock full of info straight from the horse’s, errr....Bull’s mouth.

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/2017/11/8/usf-football-center.aspx

Thanks, but this only shows the pricetag and doesn't breakdown the spending budget to separate line items (IPF, offices, lounge area, etc.). This is mostly marketing and smoke blowing... 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, Justin C said:

Thanks, but this only shows the pricetag and doesn't breakdown the spending budget to separate line items (IPF, offices, lounge area, etc.). This is mostly marketing and smoke blowing... 

Construction costs are not typically broken down by room.  I imagine the only reason the IPF was separated is because it was specifically ask for, otherwise it wouldn't have been as it is one overall facility.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Construction costs are not typically broken down by room.  I imagine the only reason the IPF was separated is because it was specifically ask for, otherwise it wouldn't have been as it is one overall facility.

I hear what you're saying, but the numbers are somewhere, we're just not privy to that information. The $40M pricetag wasn't pulled out of thin air. Often times contractors will high-ball the project with all the bells and whistles and then the client will add/remove items as they see fit. 

I guess what I'm getting at, is if we have the funds to start the IPF (the actual indoor practice field) portion of the project, then get it done. I don't see what waiting potentially 3 years until the project is fully funded will accomplish. It's not like USF Athletics will stop accepting donations once construction starts...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Did you use peach baskets for goals?

Perhaps if you had better facilities, you’d be coaching in the NBA now!

No, but we did work outdoors in the Arizona sun.

It wasn't about me, you see.  I was the coach. 

4 hours ago, Justin C said:

Scroll down to the area in white near the botom...it lists the naming opportunities for the “line items”...pick one, pick up the phone, call Lelo Prado, tell him which one you’d like to fund...your problem solved...Go Bulls!

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Justin C said:

I hear what you're saying, but the numbers are somewhere, we're just not privy to that information. The $40M pricetag wasn't pulled out of thin air. Often times contractors will high-ball the project with all the bells and whistles and then the client will add/remove items as they see fit. 

I guess what I'm getting at, is if we have the funds to start the IPF (the actual indoor practice field) portion of the project, then get it done. I don't see what waiting potentially 3 years until the project is fully funded will accomplish. It's not like USF Athletics will stop accepting donations once construction starts...

Again, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.  Think there is a percentage they need/want to reach before construction begins.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Again, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.  Think there is a percentage they need/want to reach before construction begins.

Curious question for you CousinRicky. Based on your knowledge and relationships with other donors and Kelly himself: do you think there is any chance this project may be downscaled to a degree so construction could start sooner? I suspect if this happend it would be kept on the down low but I was wondering if it was possible.