Jump to content
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Football Complex Fundraising


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Reputation:   2,332
  • Days Won:  65
  • Joined:  09/05/2002

Isn't the IPF $10 million?  Does this mean they can get started on it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,618
  • Reputation:   437
  • Days Won:  4
  • Joined:  02/01/2005

Originally Harlan spoke of starting the football portion for $10 million and the offices and others portions could be built in a 2nd phase.

Kelly has since said he wasn’t interested in doing it in 2 phases and  said we would have to do it all at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  15,896
  • Reputation:   2,670
  • Days Won:  23
  • Joined:  09/14/2007

35 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Originally Harlan spoke of starting the football portion for $10 million and the offices and others portions could be built in a 2nd phase.

Kelly has since said he wasn’t interested in doing it in 2 phases and  said we would have to do it all at once.

Interesting.  Why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Reputation:   2,041
  • Days Won:  45
  • Joined:  09/04/2006

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Interesting.  Why?

Because USF 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  258
  • Reputation:   67
  • Days Won:  2
  • Joined:  01/14/2010

I have wondered why we did not just build the IPF for 10-15 million, then start on working on saving for the OCS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Content Count:  5,733
  • Reputation:   1,486
  • Days Won:  34
  • Joined:  02/02/2005

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

 

This means that in the last 6 or 7 months they have raised roughly $4 million more towards the project. If they are in fact are looking to have full funding in place prior to commencing the project, we could be waiting a very long time. If they plan to begin construction in 2019 they are likely going to have to finance at least half of the project cost. I can see VPoA Kelly waiting to see what the terms of the new TV deal are prior to making any formal decisions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Content Count:  19,834
  • Reputation:   4,131
  • Days Won:  80
  • Joined:  09/13/2007

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

 

My wife and I called on Jan 2nd.  But we can't take credit for a 7 figure amount nor a 6 figure amount for that matter.  

54 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This means that in the last 6 or 7 months they have raised roughly $4 million more towards the project. If they are in fact are looking to have full funding in place prior to commencing the project, we could be waiting a very long time. If they plan to begin construction in 2019 they are likely going to have to finance at least half of the project cost. I can see VPoA Kelly waiting to see what the terms of the new TV deal are prior to making any formal decisions. 

I believe they are looking for 50% before they put shovel to ground.  I may be off.  Our John Lewis or Mike S may know better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Content Count:  5,733
  • Reputation:   1,486
  • Days Won:  34
  • Joined:  02/02/2005

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

My wife and I called on Jan 2nd.  But we can't take credit for a 7 figure amount nor a 6 figure amount for that matter.  

I believe they are looking for 50% before they put shovel to ground.  I may be off.  Our John Lewis or Mike S may know better.

If that is the case then they might be able to break ground later this year. Thanks for the insight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...