• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays eliminate upper deck seating

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,447
  • Days Won:  422

42 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/2019/01/04/rays-close-the-upper-deck-at-tropicana-field-shrinking-baseballs-smallest-seating-capacity/

Sorry, I had tbo open and was reading the article at the same time I saw this thread and didn't even notice what the above link was actually to.  My bad

Not a problem. I really wasn't sure if I was just missing it or not .... I doubt they have the same number of the inexpensive seats but at least they'll still have them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not a problem. I really wasn't sure if I was just missing it or not .... I doubt they have the same number of the inexpensive seats but at least they'll still have them.

And if the season ticket holders from up there snatch up what is available, there will be even fewer.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The Rays have done this before.  I forget if they did this before or after Sternberg bought the team.

I think they just want the stadium to look full on TV and cut the operating costs of running the upper deck.  Selling more expensive seats is just a bonus.

Should USF open the upper deck at RJS as well?

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

On 1/4/2019 at 10:44 PM, hightechbull said:

The Rays have done this before.  I forget if they did this before or after Sternberg bought the team.

I think they just want the stadium to look full on TV and cut the operating costs of running the upper deck.  Selling more expensive seats is just a bonus.

Should USF open the upper deck at RJS as well?

I don't believe they have closed the upper deck before, they simply covered some seats mostly obstructed view

Edited by chapelbull