• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well there will be “a little” pressure on CCS next year

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

The manta for this conference should be if you are not first;then you are last.

Unless you’re a certain, fixated poster and then it’s even if you’re first, you’re last ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I thought if an AAC team went undefeated they were the national champions? 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Man I can't even feel comfortable making fun of them anymore after two very enviable seasons, the last one with a new coach.

Don't get me wrong--I will, but I won't feel comfortable...

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

3 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Man I can't even feel comfortable making fun of them anymore after two very enviable seasons, the last one with a new coach.

Don't get me wrong--I will, but I won't feel comfortable...

I get ya.  I can't say that I wouldn't have wanted their seasons, but I can say that I would be embarrassed of a NC banner if we had them.  That's where I find the comfort. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647

Shouldn't the thread title read "there will be "little" pressure on CCS next year". 

Not saying he should stay or go but I sense CCS feels Zero pressure right now. 

Based off the posturing from the Athletic department, CCS probably has a good 2, maybe 3 seasons before he will feel pressure. 

Strong has convinced AD Kelly that we cannot compete in this conference without an IPF. So it doesn't appear that CCS is even being graded right now. 

Listen to CCS's words. If you go back and listen to him in 2015 at UT....that is a man under pressure. Someone who knows his time is short and is attempting to make a case for another season. 

Conversely, when a coach (who has been in charge for two seasons) says after losing 6 straight "We need a good washing" and "Until we get some things done, we're going to be average,"

I don't hear any pressure there. Just my 2 cents.  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Shouldn't the thread title read "there will be "little" pressure on CCS next year". 

Not saying he should stay or go but I sense CCS feels Zero pressure right now. 

Based off the posturing from the Athletic department, CCS probably has a good 2, maybe 3 seasons before he will feel pressure. 

Strong has convinced AD Kelly that we cannot compete in this conference without an IPF. So it doesn't appear that CCS is even being graded right now. 

Listen to CCS's words. If you go back and listen to him in 2015 at UT....that is a man under pressure. Someone who knows his time is short and is attempting to make a case for another season. 

Conversely, when a coach (who has been in charge for two seasons) says after losing 6 straight "We need a good washing" and "Until we get some things done, we're going to be average,"

I don't hear any pressure there. Just my 2 cents.  

I'm not sure how you can say this. He's basically coaching for his career at this point after his stint at Texas. If he implodes this program no one will care if he's crying about facilities.

The mass exodus of assistants, players, and the 2019 schedule should make him pucker unless he really doesn't care.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647

7 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I'm not sure how you can say this. He's basically coaching for his career at this point after his stint at Texas. If he implodes this program no one will care if he's crying about facilities.

The mass exodus of assistants, players, and the 2019 schedule should make him pucker unless he really doesn't care.

I don't disagree with you but do you sense from anything CCS or AD Kelly said or have done that builds a sense of "Pressure"? 

• On 11/5, after an embarrassing loss to Tulane, when asked if he was contemplating staff changes, an incredulous CCS said "We won seven games. Were we 7-0? … Why would there be coaching changes?"
  • After the UCF loss, AD Kelly had MF over to his office and said "  But Charlie Strong is also the only coach to play for a division title in our history, too. We have to build the football facility first."
  • In that same interview AD Kelly said "As long as people are looking for ways to improve and wanting to be here, why wouldn't I build on it with someone who is a proven success, who has great contacts in the state of Florida?" 

The way I read that is CCS has a big contract for $7.8 million left over 3 seasons. More than likely it is going to cost USF a lot of, if not all of that to buy him out if we so wanted. So Kelly is going to keep him here for 2 maybe 3 more seasons. Spin it like he did above and hope it all works out. I hope it does. But to this thread's point, I don't hear or see any pressure there for next season. CCS has already told you we are going to be "average". 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I don't disagree with you but do you sense from anything CCS or AD Kelly said or have done that builds a sense of "Pressure"? 

• On 11/5, after an embarrassing loss to Tulane, when asked if he was contemplating staff changes, an incredulous CCS said "We won seven games. Were we 7-0? … Why would there be coaching changes?"
  • After the UCF loss, AD Kelly had MF over to his office and said "  But Charlie Strong is also the only coach to play for a division title in our history, too. We have to build the football facility first."
  • In that same interview AD Kelly said "As long as people are looking for ways to improve and wanting to be here, why wouldn't I build on it with someone who is a proven success, who has great contacts in the state of Florida?" 

The way I read that is CCS has a big contract for $7.8 million left over 3 seasons. More than likely it is going to cost USF a lot of, if not all of that to buy him out if we so wanted. So Kelly is going to keep him here for 2 maybe 3 more seasons. Spin it like he did above and hope it all works out. I hope it does. But to this thread's point, I don't hear or see any pressure there for next season. CCS has already told you we are going to be "average". 

Ya, CCS could crater his career. But I'm not sure he feels that pressure. He's likely going to be 60 by the time we get rid of him and this contract along with his Texas contract have him set for life. So I agree with you,  I don't think the iconic Bowie/Queen song is running through his head very often.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

That's the feeling I get.  It doesn't seem like he is coaching for his "livelihood"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That would be true in basketball.

16 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Ya, CCS could crater his career. But I'm not sure he feels that pressure. He's likely going to be 60 by the time we get rid of him and this contract along with his Texas contract have him set for life. So I agree with you,  I don't think the iconic Bowie/Queen song is running through his head very often.

The song that Vanilla Ice didn't steal from.

• Haha 1