• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Well there will be “a little” pressure on CCS next year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/1/2/18145842/way-too-early-2019-aac-power-rankings-ucf-knights-memphis-tigers-cincinnati-bearcats-houston-cougars

8. USF Bulls

There was supposedly a ton of depth on the Bulls roster coming into this season, but it didn’t seem to help them. In case you didn’t know, the Bulls were 7-0 at one point, but then lost their last six games. Charlie Strong decided to make some changes, which isn’t promising heading into next year. Getting Blake Barnett back helps, but he wasn’t consistent enough to make defenses fear the Bulls passing attack. Strong has to do a lot in a short period of time to convince everyone that he can turn this ship around.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

Man after looking at videos of the recruits we just signed, I'm excited about the next few years. CCS will be ok. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There was supposedly a ton of depth on the Bulls roster coming into this season, but it didn’t seem to help them.

Stopped reading right there. Apparently the Underdog Dynasty "journalist" wasn't real familiar with our program ...... unless by "depth" he just meant bodies.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Stopped reading right there. Apparently the Underdog Dynasty "journalist" wasn't real familiar with our program ...... unless by "depth" he just meant bodies.

Yeah, that lost me a little too. I don't how you can look at the amount of freshmen and Sophomores we played and equate that to there being depth, unless you really didn't know much about the team you were analyzing. Which wouldn't be to surprising. I can't imagine he was particularly happy about an assignment on the AAC.  

However I do think there is a little pressure on CCS this season, I just don't think he needs a ten win season to save his job. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,325
  • Days Won:  5

, I just don't think he needs a ten win season to save his job. 

Bowl game minimum.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Some here have mentioned that we're stuck with him for two more seasons because we can't afford to fire him, so he doesn't necessarily have to be bowl eligible in 2019 to keep his job. He could go 3-9 next year and still be our HC in 2020 if the "can't afford to fire him" thing is correct. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,340
  • Days Won:  2

We sucked this year and will continue to suck as long as CCS is in charge.

• Upvote 3
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Some here have mentioned that we're stuck with him for two more seasons because we can't afford to fire him, so he doesn't necessarily have to be bowl eligible in 2019 to keep his job. He could go 3-9 next year and still be our HC in 2020 if the "can't afford to fire him" thing is correct. 

I think the argument has been we can afford to fire him if he fails this upcoming season (no Bowl). Paying $4 mil is different than paying $2 mil.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I think the argument has been we can afford to fire him if he fails this upcoming season (no Bowl). Paying $4 mil is different than paying $2 mil.

Truthfully, I have no clue what we can or can't afford, but I've seen it mentioned here that we're stuck with him for two more years. Don't remember who said it, and no idea where they got it from, so no telling how accurate it is. Kelly sounds like he is willing to be patient with Charlie, but maybe he will re-evaluate if we fail to reach a bowl in the upcoming season. Two more seasons of what we just saw will feel like an eternity. Hopefully the new OC is an upgrade, which would fix one of our problems. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

we fail to reach a bowl

Such a low bar.  

• Upvote 1