• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Tulsa...history making opportunity

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Just watched SMU v Tulane.  Boy would McMurray look good in a USF uni this year.  Any defensive shortcomings could be covered up by the guys we have.  

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

He actually left before Antigua got fired.  That to me was a warning sign because he recruited him.

That was actually the final nail in the coffin for me, after his recruiting here turned into one big cluster****. Not a big fan of firing coaches during the season, especially less than 3 years in, but that one got my stamp of approval

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That was actually the final nail in the coffin for me, after his recruiting here turned into one big cluster****. Not a big fan of firing coaches during the season, especially less than 3 years in, but that one got my stamp of approval

It occurred to me early on that he may be in over his head.  I wanted him to succeed coming in, but once we actually started playing games I didn't think he knew what he was doing.  It started the NC State game and when we lost to Detroit Mercy and Ga Southern in back to back games, I knew he wasn't the guy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, Calibull said:

It occurred to me early on that he may be in over his head.  I wanted him to succeed coming in, but once we actually started playing games I didn't think he knew what he was doing.  It started the NC State game and when we lost to Detroit Mercy and Ga Southern in back to back games, I knew he wasn't the guy.

Bottom line...he had zero ability to coach. He would make a poor manager in a business too. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

Losses early on in a hoops coach tenure here never really bothered me but with what he had coming back, single digit season just didn't seem right. Thing is, he did have hc success on a different level so that type gig wasn't totally foreign to him. His inability to maintain players, and to get enough other quality ones in here, emphasized him to me him not being the guy. Pulling the trigger when he did, and the subsequent hire, was a highlight of MH's time here.

• Upvote 1