• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why was the home UF game moved up 2 years?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

A very logical opinion and a very good chance it is correct, but if we wanted a change, we certainly would have asked, and they may have looked and realized the change was good for them too, and agreed. 

Yes like I said this is probably very simple. It was a change that worked for both programs. Nothing nefarious or conspiratorial or related to anything but scheduling.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Or you could write him an email and ask.  There is little chance when I see him that I would remember to ask.  Hell, I go to the store for 3 things and can't remember 1 or 2 of them.

I was getting at the fact that your relation$hip with the University is a lot stronger than most, if not all of us on here, and you would likely get an answer filled with a greater percentage of veracity! 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Or you could write him an email and ask.  There is little chance when I see him that I would remember to ask.  Hell, I go to the store for 3 things and can't remember 1 or 2 of them.

Are you one of those guys I see that is on the phone with the wife one or two times getting her to help you through the options of what to get?  

Don't worry, I am too.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I bet that doesn’t happen when you’re shopping for bourbon!🥃

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Pretty sure even if we had an OCS that seated 40k, any Home game with UF, FSU or UM would probably be moved to Ray Jay just for the additional 25k seats. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Pretty sure even if we had an OCS that seated 40k, any Home game with UF, FSU or UM would probably be moved to Ray Jay just for the additional 25k seats. 

We're either going big, or not going at all on an OCS. In other words, it's not happening because we'll never have the money. That's an interesting question though...if they would move games like that to Ray Jay because of the increased capacity... 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We're either going big, or not going at all on an OCS. In other words, it's not happening because we'll never have the money. That's an interesting question though...if they would move games like that to Ray Jay because of the increased capacity... 

Well, since the UF game is the only one under contract right now, it would depend on how the contract is worded.  It would have to specifically state that the game is to be played in Ray Jay.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Are you one of those guys I see that is on the phone with the wife one or two times getting her to help you through the options of what to get?  

Don't worry, I am too.  

I actually use the Alexa Shopping List.

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I bet that doesn’t happen when you’re shopping for bourbon!🥃

Then I usually buy more than what I walked in for.  Edit: My wife got me a bottle of Heaven's Door for Christmas. Not a huge fan of it yet but things tend to grown on me the more I drink it.  

I keep a liquor inventory on the cloud so I know what it around when I'm out looking. Do the same thing with the wine list.  

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

If we did have an OCS and playing in Ray Jay was a stipulation, would we turn it down? I wouldn't, bottom line is we need teams like UF on our schedule. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

If we did have an OCS and playing in Ray Jay was a stipulation, would we turn it down? I wouldn't, bottom line is we need teams like UF on our schedule. 

I don't think there's anyway we turn it down, unless the terms were such that we got far less than we would for a normal home game.