• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why was the home UF game moved up 2 years?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'm pretty sure the reason is simple. It worked for both teams, filled a hole for both teams and met the needs of both teams. The in your face UCF was just a bonus, but funny. Not sure UF is helping us play 3-dimensional chess in regards to an OCS and RJS leasing.

I could buy that if there was a clear reason for moving the game, but this was a series that was announced just before the start of the season and then quickly moved. UF is interested in playing a game at Ray Jay, and definitely not at a brand new OCS at USF. By moving the game up to 2021 it filled a gap in UF's schedule and guaranteed that the game would be played at Ray Jay. Again, I'm not saying that an OCS is imminent, but this move likely gave us the flexibility to keep it as a possibility leading up to December 2020. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Maybe USF will have an OCS by 2123 certainly not 2023

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Maybe USF will have an OCS by 2123 certainly not 2023

We won't be able to afford to fire Strong before 2023

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

While I love the investigation and theories, Ray Jay has nothing to do with it. 

One of the schools either had an unexpected open date they needed to fill, or a chance to have another game on a day we previously scheduled the game, so that AD called the other AD and said, hey, any chance we can change a date of the series with no penalty to either team. The other AD, wanting to keep the relationship strong, looked at their schedule and realized the changed either made no difference to them, or was also a positive for them, and agreed. (Plus, UF got to stick it to UCF by getting the series with USF back in the news)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

We won't be able to afford to fire Strong before 2023

Will he still be here in 2123?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

One of the schools either had an unexpected open date they needed to fill, or a chance to have another game on a day we previously scheduled the game, so that AD called the other AD and said, hey, any chance we can change a date of the series with no penalty to either team. The other AD, wanting to keep the relationship strong, looked at their schedule and realized the changed either made no difference to them, or was also a positive for them, and agreed. (Plus, UF got to stick it to UCF by getting the series with USF back in the news)

That's another plausible theory as well. I would counter that by saying that nothing changed for either team from a scheduling perspective from the time the series was originally announced until the change was made. Now, there may be something behind the scenes that we are unaware of, but we still don't have a solid explanation for pushing the USF home game up 2 years. Maybe we were working on a series with a team for a home game in 2021 and that fell through. That is also possible as well, but we don't know. Maybe Cousin Ricky can ask VPoA Kelly and get a concrete answer. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

That's another plausible theory as well. I would counter that by saying that nothing changed for either team from a scheduling perspective from the time the series was originally announced until the change was made. Now, there may be something behind the scenes that we are unaware of, but we still don't have a solid explanation for pushing the USF home game up 2 years. Maybe we were working on a series with a team for a home game in 2021 and that fell through. That is also possible as well, but we don't know. Maybe Cousin Ricky can ask VPoA Kelly and get a concrete answer. 

Or you could write him an email and ask.  There is little chance when I see him that I would remember to ask.  Hell, I go to the store for 3 things and can't remember 1 or 2 of them.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Will he still be here in 2123?

Probably not. I was exaggerating the point that we are broke, and that there's zero chance that an OCS will be built by then.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Given the power imbalance I'd suspect UF had reason to change it and it was an easy accommodation for us to do and keep a strong relationship. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Given the power imbalance I'd suspect UF had reason to change it and it was an easy accommodation for us to do and keep a strong relationship. 

A very logical opinion and a very good chance it is correct, but if we wanted a change, we certainly would have asked, and they may have looked and realized the change was good for them too, and agreed.