• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    AAC_Championship_MensBasketball_Print_Full_24_CMYK.png
    American Athletic Conference Tournament

Next: @ UCF, Tue, 3/19, 9 pm, ESPN+

1 2 Final  
    #4 UAB 38 55 93  
    #1 Bulls 30 53 83  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPN2  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Defeated ECU 91-59

The Kerwin Bell As OC Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Actually that all kind of makes sense. It looks like Strong is basically trying to put the 1988 UF Football team back together. 

Strong was the Outside LB Coach that year that Kerwin was a senior. Pat Moorer (Strength Coach) played for Strong as a LB for two seasons at the same time Kerwin was there. 

Galen Hall (78) is sitting around up in Groveland I believe doing nothing. Bring him in as a consultant. Not sure they could afford Emmitt Smith though. :thumbsup:

Edited by usf97

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,787
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Brad said:

OC and HCIW

That’s what I was thinking. Strong does well and he leaves. Bell takes over 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

If his name is out there, then he's likely the guy.  As you have all seen, Strong is overly secretive at times.  Anytime a specific name pops up, expect them to be hired or transferring in.  Makes sense because Charlie just wants to relinquish control of the offense to someone capable of running that side of the team.  A former head coach and offensive guy, this fits what we need and he likes. It will be/is a great hire. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

Actually that all kind of makes sense. It looks like Strong is basically trying to put the 1988 UF Football team back together. 

Strong was the Outside LB Coach that year that Kerwin was a senior. Pat Moorer (Strength Coach) played for Strong as a LB for two seasons at the same time Kerwin was there. 

Galen Hall (78) is sitting around up in Groveland I believe doing nothing. Bring him in as a consultant. Not sure they could afford Emmitt Smith though. :thumbsup:

Anymore Gators and I might get sick.. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

It's a great play. fantastic play. you gotta mix it up with dives, tosses, and clear the box with passes to the TE and bubble screens, it won't stand on its own, but as part of an offensive package, it's a great way to impose your will on teams and run out the clock when you're up 28 in the 4th quarter. 

Woah, woah there big fella. You are way over my head there.  You think I'm Nick Saban or something.  We got to take it slow, let the defense rest

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

If his name is out there, then he's likely the guy.  As you have all seen, Strong is overly secretive at times.  Anytime a specific name pops up, expect them to be hired or transferring in.  Makes sense because Charlie just wants to relinquish control of the offense to someone capable of running that side of the team.  A former head coach and offensive guy, this fits what we need and he likes. It will be/is a great hire. 

It would be a good hire and eases a lot of my concerns. Kerwin has been coaching high powered offenses for years and can bring a ton to the staff with his HC experience. This is a strong hire imo. A career riser with a proven track record instead of a "in the tree" retread. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,323
  • Content Count:  96,664
  • Days Won:  467

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Anymore Gators and I might get sick.. 

Was thinking same earlier.,,.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,594
  • Days Won:  28

Hey at least we get to here Kerwin Bell USF OC and former Gator QB

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

45 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

It would be a good hire and eases a lot of my concerns. Kerwin has been coaching high powered offenses for years and can bring a ton to the staff with his HC experience. This is a strong hire imo. A career riser with a proven track record instead of a "in the tree" retread. 

I agree.  This is what I thought we'd get when he became coach... a hire like this. I think it's a good move for him and I like the coaching changes so far.  Kerwin would work magic with these guys.  Also having McDoom, St. Felix, Wilcox, Roland, Cronkrite, Ford, and Barnett makes things really interesting.  We could actually make a big jump next season.  I'm optimistic about next season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,311
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I agree.  This is what I thought we'd get when he became coach... a hire like this. I think it's a good move for him and I like the coaching changes so far.  Kerwin would work magic with these guys.  Also having McDoom, St. Felix, Wilcox, Roland, Cronkrite, Ford, and Barnett makes things really interesting.  We could actually make a big jump next season.  I'm optimistic about next season.

No wilcox next year, and whoever chuck runs off. 

Edited by jchem1995