• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Kerwin Bell As OC Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Calibull said:

Well I heard that he's already decided to come back.

Only problem is that if he was told at his evaluation the same thing that I’ve been reading most places (that he has solid Day 2 potential) I just don’t see what he has to gain by coming back. There just aren’t a whole lot of TE’s that go earlier than that anymore. Throw in the uncertainty on the offensive side of the ball with the sheer incompetence of the staff as a whole, and I’m not sure I’d be signing up for that if someone waived a few mill in my face. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

He already took a downgrade once to go from FCS JU  HC to DII Valdosta State HC, so maybe he's not that into status but just looking at opportunities and would hopefully consider this one of those ...

JU is an FCS school with the financial approach of a D3 school.  Definitely a unique situation and not the type of commitment a serious coach wants to deal with.  More lateral of a move than downgrade, IMO. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, usfvictor said:

Why would he come here? As a HC why take a downgrade? Not trying to be negative, but if he is that great wouldnt a lower level D1 HC job appeal to him more than USF OC?

I believe the HC at Valdosta State before Bell left to be the co- OC at Georgia Southern so Bell to OC at USF is not out of the ordinary 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 hours ago, usfvictor said:

Why would he come here? As a HC why take a downgrade? Not trying to be negative, but if he is that great wouldnt a lower level D1 HC job appeal to him more than USF OC?

M-O-N-E-Y..   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

Kerwin Bell was my high school coach. Won state with him. We would always tease him about this video. It's gold! 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Never know, you get Bell as OC and King stays(hopefully) you have two ex-qbs with a ton of experience between them might make for an interesting/successful combination...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Kind of a small sample, but does anybody see similarities to Gilbert's offense here? Everything is vertical, and this will require a decent amount of protection from the OL to work. Looks like they bunch the receivers together on routes like Gilbert did. BTW, check out the play @ 7:55. Hilarious.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, usfvictor said:

I think a D1 OC is a step up from DII HC.  It might be a necessary step to any D1 HC shot

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Only problem is that if he was told at his evaluation the same thing that I’ve been reading most places (that he has solid Day 2 potential) I just don’t see what he has to gain by coming back. There just aren’t a whole lot of TE’s that go earlier than that anymore. Throw in the uncertainty on the offensive side of the ball with the sheer incompetence of the staff as a whole, and I’m not sure I’d be signing up for that if someone waived a few mill in my face. 

I'm saying what I was told. I don't really care about a long opinion.