• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not sure what to think about this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

19 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Contributor's are not starters. If that last two classes were so **** good they would have displaced Strong's guys. That's a fact!!!

Going by that posted article about strength and conditioning, I think you can make the argument that even if Charlie's guys are impact players on the roster right now, they were "replaced" with better versions of themselves thanks to the new s&c.  I'm no expert in this stuff but that article had some jaw dropping stats of before and after.  That's one more reason people don't want to give Charlie as much credit for their current success.

Fact is coaching really can make a huge difference with the players on a roster.  Look at the results with pre gulf coast mindset Willie vs gulf coast.  Look at UCF pre Scott Frost and post Scott Frost.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Corey lea said:

If he tanks next year I will buy the ticket to get him out of town. 

He's only had 3 seasons in his career better than 7-6....  You should start saving for that ticket, you know, just in case.... 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Well the better players were going to bigger programs. You should look at each individual player. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

How many top 100 recruits ended up at G5 schools? 

doesn't matter.

clearly talent comes from this area(at all levels - not just top 100 players)and recruiting primarily from this area has and will benefit us.

just like Miami in the 80's

3 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Well the better players were going to bigger programs. You should look at each individual player. 

geographically we are in the middle of some of the best talent in the country. the 5 surrounding counties are loaded with d-1 talent. not just top 100 players either.

Even Slick Willie is not using that dumb approach anymore. You go find the best players wherever they are located. In the position this program is in...have to mine some undiscovered gems. 

most NFL talent by state

Florida

Most high school  NFL talent by city

Tampa tied #6

https://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/here-are-high-schools-states-cities-producing-most-nfl-talent-right-now-35444

4 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Even Slick Willie is not using that dumb approach anymore. You go find the best players wherever they are located. In the position this program is in...have to mine some undiscovered gems. 

beyond stupid for a program like ours.

FSU can recruit nationally. we can not.

the big benefit we have is that local kids can play in front of their families.

both holtz and now it seems Strong neglected this area for recruiting.

Edited by Bull94

You are jumping around the point. This school is not in the running for the better talent of the area. No doubt it has talent, but building a roster on that principle of geography is not sound when built on rough prospects. Need to find best possible players possible. Period end of story. 

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

beyond stupid for a program like ours.

FSU can recruit nationally. we can not.

the big benefit we have is that local kids can play in front of their families.

and have you checked the attendance of the games? 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Nobody is saying you take a lesser talented kid just because he's from the Bay but you......

The point is there is a TON of talent in the bay area but it's up to the coaches to go out there and sell USF to win battles against mid-low tier P5 teams.  If a coach can't do this they better be able to coach their ass off or they has no business being at USF.  Nobody is saying to exclusively recruit the bay area except for you, and you're just doing it to be obtuse.   If you can't win battles in the bay area you will never be successful at USF, I don't care of you're CCS, CSH, or whoever our next coach may be down the line.   There's WAAAYYYYYY too much talent in The Bay Area to just punt the territory simply because "it's hard P5 teams recruit here too".   Those battles were won before and they can be won again.....   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1