• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Not sure what to think about this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,236
  • Days Won:  2

25 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Ehlinger is Strong's player. Charlie flushed and rebuilt and started playing some of his guys early. That's what you saw tonight...Strong's players for the most part. Same thing happened at Louisville...when Strong's players got drafted (14)....Petrino was fired.

I hope to god u are right & USF will start seeing the fruits of Strong's program "flush & rebuild" strategy.

i may not like what I saw from CCS this season in a number of areas, but I certainly don't want to see him fail.

CCS apparently has a decent level of job security headed into the 2019 season-- whether it's the benefit of the doubt from Kelly or simply the University's inability/unwillingness to buy out his contract-- so if there is indeed an upside to the flush strategy we should be able to see the fruits of that strategy within the next couple of seasons.

the opportunity is certainly there for CCS & USF with the AAC in a transitional period after the recent coaching changes to some of the conference's top teams & UCF suffering a significant downgrade in QB play.

the door is open & the first order of business for CCS is to use his increase in assistant salary pool to hit a home run with his OC hire.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

Ehlinger is Strong's player. Charlie flushed and rebuilt and started playing some of his guys early. That's what you saw tonight...Strong's players for the most part. Same thing happened at Louisville...when Strong's players got drafted (14)....Petrino was fired.

it's laughable giving Strong credit for Texas' success just like it was dumb to blame Strong's failure at texas on Mack.

Petrino was fired 5 years after Strong left. It had more to do with Lamar Jackson leaving then it did Charlie Strong.

Ehlinger visited texas on 12/9/16 according to rivals. Charles was fired Nov 26, 2016. didn't even enroll until after Chuck was fired.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it's laughable giving Strong credit for Texas' success just like it was dumb to blame Strong's failure at texas on Mack.

Petrino was fired 5 years after Strong left. It had more to do with Lamar Jackson leaving then it did Charlie Strong.

Ehlinger visited texas on 12/9/16 according to rivals. Charles was fired Nov 26, 2016. didn't even enroll until after Chuck was fired.

Not only that but Herman has had those kids for 2 years so he's responsible for their development just as much as CCS, if not more ....   This is especially important when you look at how much Herman has changed at UT in his  time there and that he publicly poo poo'd the previous regieme's S&C practices shortly after taking over.   He's had the roster for 2 seasons, that's his team....   

Edited by Bull Dozer

31 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

I hope to god u are right & USF will start seeing the fruits of Strong's program "flush & rebuild" strategy.

i may not like what I saw from CCS this season in a number of areas, but I certainly don't want to see him fail.

CCS apparently has a decent level of job security headed into the 2019 season-- whether it's the benefit of the doubt from Kelly or simply the University's inability/unwillingness to buy out his contract-- so if there is indeed an upside to the flush strategy we should be able to see the fruits of that strategy within the next couple of seasons.

the opportunity is certainly there for CCS & USF with the AAC in a transitional period after the recent coaching changes to some of the conference's top teams & UCF suffering a significant downgrade in QB play.

the door is open & the first order of business for CCS is to use his increase in assistant salary pool to hit a home run with his OC hire.

UCF will get Milton back after he redshirts next year. they also signed the kid from Hawaii who broke all of his and Tua's high school passing records.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Yet you many give all of the credit Strong's success to Teddy Bridgwater with no problems. But can't give CCS any credit for the players he did recruit at Texas? Ehlinger visited Texas a month after Strong was fired.....who do you think scheduled the visit or recruited him? CCS last official class was 2015 and had a great class in 2016 b4 he was fired. Those players are all juniors and seniors now. He has 1 more year with CCS players. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

17 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

UCF will get Milton back after he redshirts next year. they also signed the kid from Hawaii who broke all of his and Tua's high school passing records.

That's scary.

As for Milton, my chiropractor has a daughter attending UCF so is following him.  After reading the operations he's had and still needs to have he'd be surprised if he plays again.  He isn't a surgeon and hasn't seen his medical files so this is just his opinion based on what he's read.

Edited by CousinRicky

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yet you can credit Strong's success to Teddy Bridgwater with no problems. Ehlinger visited Texas a month after Strong was fired.....who do you think scheduled the visit or recruited him? CCS last official class was 2015 and had a great class in 2016 b4 he was fired. Those players are all seniors now. But its cool, CTH adding the icing to the cake. 

I didn't credit strong success to Teddy Bridgewater.

I credited it to Clint Hurtt who was a dirty recruiter that worked for Strong and brought teddy and the miami 5 with him when he left miami under scandal.

Texas recruits itself. they have 4 and 5 star players from that state that grow up wanting to play there. we are not so fortunate.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

That's scary.

As for Milton, my chiropractor has a daughter attending UCF so is following him.  After reading the operations he's had and still needs to have he'd be surprised if he plays again.  He isn't a surgeon and hasn't seen his medical files so this is just his opinion based on what he's read.

just going by what they said during the game yesterday. said he needs one more reconstructive surgery before rehab begins. expects to be out next year and return the following year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Bull94 said:

just going by what they said during the game yesterday. said he needs one more reconstructive surgery before rehab begins. expects to be out next year and return the following year.

Heard that too.  Everyone is optimistic going through these things. Honestly, I hope the kid plays again but won't be shocked if he doesn't.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Not only that but Herman has had those kids for 2 years so he's responsible for their development just as much as CCS, if not more ....   This is especially important when you look at how much Herman has changed at UT in his  time there and that he publicly poo poo'd the previous regieme's S&C practices shortly after taking over.   He's had the roster for 2 seasons, that's his team....   

S&C practices you say!?

Hmmmmmm.