• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Not sure what to think about this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Bull94 said:

now on our recruiting budget how do you suppose we find those diamond in the rough types?

like truth said above, we should be working hard to get the overlooked kids from nearby. the marlon Mack's that want to play RB and not convert to safety. the quinton Flowers who want to play qb and not DB. I believe  Flowers, Grothe, and Daniels were offered from big time schools to play different positions. Lucky for us we gave them a shot to play QB

Flowers could have went basically wherever he wanted to play anywhere besides QB.  I know BJ had a slew of P5 offers including Michigan but again they were either not at QB or they wouldn't let him play B-Ball too which he wanted to do (and did for a year at USF).   

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

South Ga. is not that far and even SC, Bama, Panhandle and Louisiana...and naturally go to Miami. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Read the article about what the S&C was like before Herman got there......    I know your shtick is to worship the ground CCS and his guys walk on but there's a  ton of smoke here.  S&C is not a static science techniques and programs are constantly changing and evolving, even more so in the last 10-15 years with the proliferation of spread and tempo offenses.  You just don't train athletes the same way you did 20 years ago, the science evolves.   The team has taken a step backwards with the eye test since Moorer has been running the S&C and the just ridiculous amount of injuries this season should be cause for concern for anybody with a brain.  If you think this team was not in shape before Your God in Heaven CCS got here why don't you ask the Oregon players about the program we had at USF and how they handled it when it was brought out West....   There's a ton of smoke that this is a very real issue, you can keep your head stuck in the ground or not.  The choice is yours.... 

I'm getting late on this but the TV announcer said that 68% of the starting lineup for Texas was Fresh and Soph's.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

South Ga. is not that far and even SC, Bama, Panhandle and Louisiana...and naturally go to Miami. 

see this heat map of D1 players. see that red dot over us and the other one across I4. we don't need to cross the fla-ga border to fill out a roster of talent. we would be wasting our time and money trying to pull talent out of remote areas like alabama and south carolina.

our biggest selling points are that you can play close to home, you can play a position you want and playing time in general. I agree with whoever said that we need to win the 3 stars from the top programs.

image.png.71bca184216ef64b1fcd904c871f4689.png

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, keith S said:

I'm getting late on this but the TV announcer said that 68% of the starting lineup for Texas was Fresh and Soph's.

Yup, that 2 deep is loaded with youth, which now has game experience too, even if some people here don't see it or want to admit it.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

36 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

see this heat map of D1 players. see that red dot over us and the other one across I4. we don't need to cross the fla-ga border to fill out a roster of talent. we would be wasting our time and money trying to pull talent out of remote areas like alabama and south carolina.

our biggest selling points are that you can play close to home, you can play a position you want and playing time in general. I agree with whoever said that we need to win the 3 stars from the top programs.

image.png.71bca184216ef64b1fcd904c871f4689.png

Miami's philosophy was to recruit locally except for QB, which they recruited nationally. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Corey lea said:

You are jumping around the point. This school is not in the running for the better talent of the area. No doubt it has talent, but building a roster on that principle of geography is not sound when built on rough prospects. Need to find best possible players possible. Period end of story. 

and have you checked the attendance of the games? 

Yes. And some local families in the stands would really increase attendance!