• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's more critical to vitality of program?

IPF or OCS?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Too bad we can't consistently schedule 2 or 3 away games a year against the likes of Bama, Texas A&M, Ohio State, etc...where we can serve as canon fodder and collect the big pay check. It's really the quickest way to stop bleeding money from the football program.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

More than anything USF needs a multi billionaire “whale” donor like Tilman Fertitta.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Which may or may not happen in large enough numbers any time soon to make much of a difference. Again though, South Alabama is a much newer program than we are. How are they pulling the OCS thing off? They don't have to wait on alums to get older, and they're doing it while drawing 16K to home games. How does that compare to our own attendance? Also, just out of curiosity, what does Ray Jay cost us per year?

No idea.  Maybe rich donors? Does the government in Alabama help fund these things?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

44 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

No idea.  Maybe rich donors? Does the government in Alabama help fund these things?

I have no idea either. How did FIU & FAU fund theirs? I've been to FAU's stadium, and it wasn't bad. They have an IPF on the way as well. They are a newer program than we are.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

the excuses for why USF doesn't have an OCS are getting old. they're the same excuses I've been hearing since I first enrolled back in 2004.

the University simply doesn't have the fortitude to do what's necessary for their football program to be competitive at this level nor the honesty to admit their lack of commitment.

it's been a decade + of half-stepping & excuses.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

the excuses for why USF doesn't have an OCS are getting old. they're the same excuses I've been hearing since I first enrolled back in 2004.

the University simply doesn't have the fortitude to do what's necessary for their football program to be competitive at this level nor the honesty to admit their lack of commitment.

I think at this point we'll know a lot more about the direction of Athletics when they hire a new President. 

Has anybody heard any names?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

28 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

So, if they get the fortitude, where do they get the money?  We've seen the income and expenses.  Doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room. Only answer is donations as far as I can tell.  There are excuses and sometimes there are reasons.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So, if they get the fortitude, where do they get the money?  We've seen the income and expenses.  Doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room. Only answer is donations as far as I can tell.  There are excuses and sometimes there are reasons.

those other schools borrow and put their programs deep into the red. we don't have to do that considering where we play. they will all have to fill their schedules with 7 home games which limit the quality they can bring in. it's why we can sign a 2 for 1 with UF while UCF can't afford to do that.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Too bad we can't consistently schedule 2 or 3 away games a year against the likes of Bama, Texas A&M, Ohio State, etc...where we can serve as canon fodder and collect the big pay check. It's really the quickest way to stop bleeding money from the football program.

I like money and I like big name match ups. If I were AD and I could schedule it I'd play as many of these a year as possible.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

18 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I like money and I like big name match ups. If I were AD and I could schedule it I'd play as many of these a year as possible.

That is correct.