Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Next:  vs. SMU 9/28 Time TBD

1 2 3 4 Total
    SC State 3 0 6 7 16
    Bulls 7 17 17 14 55

McCloud 16/27, 217 yds, 3 TDs; 12 carries 56 yds, 2 TDs
    Ford 3 carries, 37 yds, TD; 4 recs, 100 yds, TD
  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
El_Toro_86

Why is OC hiring taking so long?

14 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If Kelly has to tell CCS who to hire then CCS should have been fired.

I don't disagree... it's why I don't think he is going to have any input into who he chooses... because Charlie Strong is going to be here a while and so is Kelly.  

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Looking at his Twitter posts it looks like he is in Santa Clara.  But with these modern inventions called telephones I'm guessing he has his finger on the pulse.  It will be interesting for sure to see who gets the nod.

Yes, I'm very curious.  I actually think he'll go with Bell.  

16 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Yes, I'm very curious.  I actually think he'll go with Bell.  

That’s what I think too Cali. He knows the guy and seems to have a bit more conservative play calling than the guy from Princeton.

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s what I think too Cali. He knows the guy and seems to have a bit more conservative play calling than the guy from Princeton.

I don't think that's why.  I think the ability to walk into a kids home in the south and recruit cannot be overstated.  He's also used to running the entire team so Strong would feel comfortable about surrendering the offense over to him.  I don't think he's that much more conservative than the guy at Princeton.  He put up some pretty impressive numbers himself and finished with a national title.  The guy has a eye for talent and he understands the X's and O's of both sides of the ball.  I'd actually go with Bell... he'd easily be my first choice. 

If your livelihood is on the line do you hire an unknown, a known with little experience, or a known with a track record? 

6 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

If your livelihood is on the line do you hire an unknown, a known with little experience, or a known with a track record? 

This is a key question. Bell has that championship which is important. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is a key question. Bell has that championship which is important. 

That is why to me this is an easy decision if all parties involved can get the dollars worked out. 

Real question is what are we going to do about that defense?

14 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

That is why to me this is an easy decision if all parties involved can get the dollars worked out. 

Real question is what are we going to do about that defense?

May not be popular with some on the board but I wish CCS would simply take over the defense entirely...get rid of the DC position. This is CCS calling card since his UF days. He should sink or swim based on what he does well.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I would be happy with Bell or Gleeson, but Gleeson is my preference between the two.   I imagine we will get somebody hired before the end of the week.    With the season being officially over after tonight we should see another flurry of movement/hires as the Clemson and Bama staffs will finally be finished.   Add in the national coaching convention this past weekend and I imagine we have interviewed all the candidates we wanted it's probably likely that we're waiting on the first choice to accept or decline our offer as well as they could want to see how this next wave of coaching musical chairs goes. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

I liked Bell’s statement of being up 21 and going for 28