Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Next:  vs. SMU 9/28 Time TBD

1 2 3 4 Total
    SC State 3 0 6 7 16
    Bulls 7 17 17 14 55

McCloud 16/27, 217 yds, 3 TDs; 12 carries 56 yds, 2 TDs
    Ford 3 carries, 37 yds, TD; 4 recs, 100 yds, TD
  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
El_Toro_86

Why is OC hiring taking so long?

CCS is holding all the cards, he knows we can't afford to fire him or afford a decent OC. CCS promotes Burke and gets to suppress the offense in 2019.  I hope I'm wrong, but if this plays out I see us at 4-8 in 2019

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I wouldn’t put it past a stubborn Strong. I think he’d rather lose doing it his way than have success where changes are forced upon him. For Strong, being comfortable is the number one factor he believes he needs to be successful.

I get that. I'm like that. But I try to follow the advice of David Bowie and other really great creative types who say you can't do your best work until you're out of your comfort zone.

40 minutes ago, Justin C said:

CCS is holding all the cards, he knows we can't afford to fire him or afford a decent OC. CCS promotes Burke and gets to suppress the offense in 2019.  I hope I'm wrong, but if this plays out I see us at 4-8 in 2019

I would not bet against this. CCS is loyal to his people who follow him and doesn't like change.

Ran into a USF coach at the American Football Coaches Conference in San Antonio where I live (was waiting to have dinner with Marquel). We had a good talk about how the season unfolded, how the cupboard wasn’t as stacked as we fans thought Taggart left us and how the fans rode Gilbert until the end. I mentioned Strong being on the hot seat (why sugar coat things). Wasn’t lost on him. He said the OC spot is down to two people. I’m assuming a decision is imminent. Interesting seeing thousands of coaches down here. Tough profession for sure. 

• Upvote 3

Indecision is the thief of opportunity
                                            -Jim Rohn

6 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Ran into a USF coach at the American Football Coaches Conference in San Antonio where I live (was waiting to have dinner with Marquel). We had a good talk about how the season unfolded, how the cupboard wasn’t as stacked as we fans thought Taggart left us and how the fans rode Gilbert until the end. I mentioned Strong being on the hot seat (why sugar coat things). Wasn’t lost on him. He said the OC spot is down to two people. I’m assuming a decision is imminent. Interesting seeing thousands of coaches down here. Tough profession for sure. 

Hopefully Gleeson is one of them, but I have a feeling that would be Bell and Burke?

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

Hopefully Gleeson is one of them, but I have a feeling that would be Bell and Burke?

I'd bet it's down to Burke and whoever Kelly tells him the other guy is.

• Upvote 1

I’ll bet Bell...CCS knows the man and I think that is an important element. But yeah the Princeton coach sounds like the better option.   

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This is ultimately Strong's decision though, is it not? I would hope it would be Kelly's call, because I can see Charlie handing it to Burke. I'm guessing the only way we get Gleeson is if Kelly makes the decision. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

This is ultimately Strong's decision though, is it not? I would hope it would be Kelly's call, because I can see Charlie handing it to Burke. I'm guessing the only way we get Gleeson is if Kelly makes the decision. 

Who knows if final call on hirings have to be formally approved by Kelly or not. I would imagine it's standard operating procedure to let the HC do the hiring, but it wouldn't surprise me if things like that are put into contracts or specifically left out.

23 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I agree but I really don't see Kelly having too much involvement into who he hires.