• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is OC hiring taking so long?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

I have it on good authority that Urban Meyer is going to be the next OC...the master will now become the pupil.

not.jpg

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Did Gilbert and any of the other coaches leaving voluntarily have to buy out their contracts from USF?

Coaches pool is set to jump dramatically. We should be able to assemble a decent staff. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

And still crickets...

Dead period in recruiting ends Thursday and still no OC and still needing to replace 3 other assistants 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe CCS has decided to have the team coached as well as it was this year and isn't planning to hire anyone just take the money for himself to add to the unknown contract he has in addition to the public one lol

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

At this point, have there been any confirmed reports that CCS now knows the offense exists?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

It’s one of two reasons:

• Strong doesn’t want to be forced to change his offensive philosophy and/or having a new offense forced on him
  • The group is incompetent and doesn’t know how’s to evaluate potential candidates let alone hire one (wouldn’t surprise me here as Strong has shown the inability to identify and leverage talent effectively)

The mistake here is with Kelly by retaining Strong. Strong has not shown any indication that he can turn around the mess he created. At this point 2019 and the near future is 100% on Kelly. Unfortunately that near future is likely going to be a distaste that’s will equal the tenure of COA and men’s basketball. USF football, which was already struggling for relevance, will be lapped by the school 90 miles to our east.

I have a gut feeling that I hope is wrong.

CCS wants Burke. Burke can't be sold to Kelly. But he can passive-aggressively insist on a thorough search and interviewing several candidates over a couple weeks ensuring that the best candidates are hired elsewhere before his exhaustive search ends thus making Burke the only guy left.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Going to be a bad hire. Anyone can see that CCS has failed miserably and is likely on his way out, so, who is going to take a job that is likely a 1-year deal? I know who... Someone nobody else wants and doesnt already have a more solid position. Bell is likely better off staying at his current job and making a move up next year than taking this job, getting hamstrung by CCS and fired at the end of the year. 

Just because the hire isn't done doesn't mean we haven't offered, it's just not that attractive of a job. Best case is a position coach looking to make a move to OC. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

CCS is holding all the cards, he knows we can't afford to fire him or afford a decent OC. CCS promotes Burke and gets to suppress the offense in 2019.  I hope I'm wrong, but if this plays out I see us at 4-8 in 2019

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I wouldn’t put it past a stubborn Strong. I think he’d rather lose doing it his way than have success where changes are forced upon him. For Strong, being comfortable is the number one factor he believes he needs to be successful.

I get that. I'm like that. But I try to follow the advice of David Bowie and other really great creative types who say you can't do your best work until you're out of your comfort zone.

40 minutes ago, Justin C said:

CCS is holding all the cards, he knows we can't afford to fire him or afford a decent OC. CCS promotes Burke and gets to suppress the offense in 2019.  I hope I'm wrong, but if this plays out I see us at 4-8 in 2019

I would not bet against this. CCS is loyal to his people who follow him and doesn't like change.