• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is OC hiring taking so long?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Wow the Bucs and the Bulls got their targets.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Calibull said:

:Shhhh:   shhhhhhhh   

smh

Well it seems they did both understand this lol. I'm sure they probably wanted to get it done sooner but there's probably a lot more hang ups when hiring a HC away from a program. Glad it's done and hopefully we have our guy that'll help turn things around.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

It will be exciting to see what Kerwin can do. He has lit up the scoreboard everywhere he has been. I wonder if he’ll bring his rs sophomore QB with him. It would make for an easier transition to a new system, even if he doesn’t start. Would he have to sit a year going from DII to DI? 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Kerwin Bell's 2 year contract sounds like, HC in waiting.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

There is another side to that too...If Bell lights up the scoreboard, Strong can get a P5 job and Bell get's USF. Strong screwed the pooch this year, but keep your eyes on Illinois next year or Syracuse. Dino Babers will get a bigger job. I think Baylor would be interested in both so you don't know how that will pan out. Ruhle will be in the NFL after next season. 

Miami should have went after Babers with it's talent pool. Don't see anything in the ACC that would open next season other that Babers taking a better job. All the SEC team except Vandy are likely secured. Actually I think Strong needs to be at a place like Wake Forest.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

There is another side to that too...If Bell lights up the scoreboard, Strong can get a P5 job and Bell get's USF. Strong screwed the pooch this year, but keep your eyes on Illinois next year or Syracuse. Dino Babers will get a bigger job. I think Baylor would be interested in both so you don't know how that will pan out. Ruhle will be in the NFL after next season. 

Miami should have went after Babers with it's talent pool. Don't see anything in the ACC that would open next season other that Babers taking a better job. All the SEC team except Vandy are likely secured. Actually I think Strong needs to be at a place like Wake Forest.

I can’t believe that Babers did not get an offer he could not refuse...that was very strange to me. I still don’t think Strong will get too much of look unless he gets us to a NYD bowl.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

35 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I've always thought a place like Vandy or Wake would be the kind of opportunities that would be available to him at this point in his career if he can get a P5 job post USF.  A place where he can be a true mentor and "maker of men"  and his eye for talent could make them consistently more competitive than they have been in the past.    Baring some kind of crazy run at USF say for the next 3 years I think that's his coaching ceiling at this point with his age and the current trend of hiring offensive minded coaches.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

55 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Strong is not leaving. If Bell has success, then Bell will be out of here no later than 2 years. At this point, the only school I see Strong going to is UF and they will never offer him the job. I think Strong wants to cement his legacy at USF and call it a career. Besides money, what advantage does Wake forest have over us?  That team will never out recruit the rest of the ACC. They will never win a title. They will never make the playoffs. Wake has been average or sucked since I was a kid. All CCS needs in the next 5-9 years is 2-3 AAC titles, at least 2 NY6 bowl games in addition to the  IPF and possible the OCS built during his tenure. He accomplishes that and he will go down as the greatest coach USF has ever had. The standards aren't high for success at USF due to the fact we never won anything. As much as you guys hate him, he is not going anywhere, especially now that he resolved the offense issue. And when Bell leaves, Shaun King will jump into that  OC spot and will take over the team when CCS retires. Auggie Sanchez shall be our Defensive Coordinator :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Strong is not leaving. If Bell has success, then Bell will be out of here no later than 2 years. At this point, the only school I see Strong going to is UF and they will never offer him the job. I think Strong wants to cement his legacy at USF and call it a career. Besides money, what advantage does Wake forest have over us?  That team will never out recruit the rest of the ACC. They will never win a title. They will never make the playoffs. Wake has been average or sucked since I was a kid. All CCS needs in the next 5-9 years is 2-3 AAC titles, at least 2 NY6 bowl games in addition to the  IPF and possible the OCS built during his tenure. He accomplishes that and he will go down as the greatest coach USF has ever had. The standards aren't high for success at USF due to the fact we never won anything. As much as you guys hate him, he is not going anywhere, especially now that he resolved the offense issue. And when Bell leaves, Shaun King will jump into that  OC spot and will take over the team when CCS retires. Auggie Sanchez shall be our Defensive Coordinator :)

I think this is spot on.

• Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Can you give me some lottery numbers?

• Haha 1