• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Justin Burke will be the OC...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I still don’t buy the money argument... I have a lot of faith in Mike Kelly... let’s let the guy work

So where are your points going in the Sports Book?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I still don’t buy the money argument... I have a lot of faith in Mike Kelly... let’s let the guy work

I agree 100% Mike Kelly is the real deal. USF will improve under his watch & I have confidence he will not stand for same old same old. 

USF seemed light years ahead of UCF just a few years ago in reality they weren’t. Same holds true for UCF today.

Sometimes after reading this blog I’m looking for a noose.

things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

I could see it happening but it seems like he would have been named the OC if that was the case...hoping we get somebody that knows the spread well though. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

If there was even one shred of evidence that an OCS would increase attendance, get us into a P5 conference, etc., I'd be on that bandwagon with you. 

Why do we need "proof" that an OCS will get us any of those things to build it? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

No rush...expansion is over and we (and the rest of the AAC teams) missed that bus. The best that can happen is merging with the leftovers from the Big12 implosion (and that implosion is 50/50 at best). Start with IPF and move forward. From what I heard there is a good chance the IPF will break ground in Aug/Sept but is will be the indoor field only. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

So, this is about Justin Burke and/or the OC job. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

So, this is about Justin Burke and/or the OC job. 

I would say “are you new here to the TBP” but....😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Skingraft said:

And we have a new President coming in.  With Les Muma leading the search we know he would be looking for someone that at least wants to make athletics a part of the plan going forward.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

And we have a new President coming in.  With Les Muma leading the search we know he would be looking for someone that at least wants to make athletics a part of the plan going forward.  

This, I hope to be true.  Judy's protection of her legacy severely harmed this program on at least two occasions.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I’m starting to believe this is the right thing to do.  At least drop down to FCS and stop kidding ourselves.  It appears there’s very little appetite for major college football at USF and in the local community.  As we watch Houston and UCF make the commitments necessary, wise or unwise, they are signaling to the college football world that they are serious and doing what’s necessary to move forward.  If there is any type of realignment in the near future we won’t be a blip on the radar.  Meanwhile we’re struggling to find the money to build an IPF and with an OCS looking like it will never happen.  Maybe a new President will have a different vision for athletics than Judy had.  Only time will tell.  

I would say wait until the next round of expansion....2025 or whenever the Big 12's TV deal is up. We got the Big East invite without the OCS or IPF, and we were one of the last 8 standing when the Big 12 toyed with the expansion idea a couple years back. If we are left out come expansion time, then FCS would certainly be worth looking at, especially if our rivals to the East get the invite, which not only looks possible, but kind of likely at this point...should they decide to expand at all. I agree with everything else..