• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Justin Burke will be the OC...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Boy, hate see this board if Burke gets the nod...

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

It's tough to come on here now as it is. 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Like clocking in for a coal mining job...

You guys are depressing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Like clocking in for a coal mining job...

I thought you were talking about attending a war on I-4 game in Ray Jay.

45 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It was always going to be Strong's guy. Once JB was named for the bowl game it was a done deal.

That's fine as long as it works!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, usf97 said:

Keep in mind Gilbert was scheduled to get a pay increase to $400,000 this season. 

The salary pool for the assistant coaches was going up to $3.4 million under the old contracts. 

Justin Burke was making $100,000.00.

Mattox was scheduled to make $300,000 in 2019.

Blue Adams made $225,000 in 2018.

Cogdell made $140,000 in 2018

JB could very well be the call which I am sure many of us are mentally prepared for. But CCS has more money to offer other professionals. 

So as was mentioned on another thread, Valdosta State Head Coach Kerwin Bell currently makes $250,000.00. So he would likely make more coming to USF as a OC. 

Time for USF to pay up for coaches and facilities. Look to successful teams of AAC and take a lesson. There is no reason that USF cant be an academic and an athletic powerhouse. It's time. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

17 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Time for USF to pay up for coaches and facilities. Look to successful teams of AAC and take a lesson. There is no reason that USF cant be an academic and an athletic powerhouse. It's time. 

It's fun spending someone else's money, isn't it?

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It's fun spending someone else's money, isn't it?

That sums up USF in a nutshell! Always doing the conservative..... Sometimes you have to throw charts, feasibility studies, data points etc out the window and be willing to bet on yourself! 

You have to be willing to say at some point that “ I know we have a product that America would love to consume, we are a top tier university that strives to be the best that we can be in the classroom and on the field and I am willing invest in our product however risky it may be”.

Houston was willing to do it and don’t give me that tired line about being broke USF is far from broke and about deep pocket donors didn’t Vinik go to bat for USF in the pitch to join the Big 12? Go tap into those pockets if need be.

Edited by HPbull
Correct a word
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

When donating for tickets, have the funds allocated to the IPF.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, HPbull said:

That sums up USF in a nutshell! Always doing the conservative..... Sometimes you have to throw charts, feasibility studies, data points etc out the window and be willing to bet on yourself! 

You have to be willing to say at some point that “ I know we have a product that America would love to consume, we are a top tier university that strives to be the best that we can be in the classroom and on the field and I am willing invest in our product however risky it may be”.

Houston was willing to do it and don’t give me that tired line about being broke USF is far from broke and about deep pocket donors didn’t Vinik go to bat for USF in the pitch to join the Big 12? Go tap into those pockets if need be.

Invest with what funds?  It isn't like USF Athletics is holding out on spending the money.  There isn't a pot full of gold buried under the Yuengling Center (just Indian bones).  Our athletic budget is somewhere around $40 million.  You have to pay coaches, pay for travel, etc., etc.   Pretty sure if there was $35 million sitting in a savings account somewhere that the IPF would be under way.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, Brad said:

You guys are depressing.  

As this board can be at times ....

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, HPbull said:

Always doing the conservative..... Sometimes you have to throw charts, feasibility studies, data points etc out the window and be willing to bet on yourself! 

Eventually one has to do something.  Our pals to the east are putting us in the rear view.

• Upvote 1