• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No bowl game commemorative tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

My ticket rep said that this year they are not going to do the commemorative bowl game tickets.  That’s a shame. 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

They don't want to commemorate that hot pile of garbage.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, crambone said:

My ticket rep said that this year they are not going to do the commemorative bowl game tickets.  That’s a shame. 

That’s fine. The last few were pretty bad...the actual game tickets looked better. This year’s bowl ticket has already been put into the  laminated holder. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Have we not had commemorative tickets for every single bowl game? I wish this had been made known in advance, seriously. I would have kept the real ones from game day. Have never missed a bowl game nor a commemorative ticket. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

Have we not had commemorative tickets for every single bowl game? I wish this had been made known in advance, seriously. I would have kept the real ones from game day. Have never missed a bowl game nor a commemorative ticket. 

Yes, this would be the first one. It’s funny the first six bowl game commemorative  tickets came in a plastic case and a coaches autograph (the International Bowl had Selmon’s as CJL was fired). Even Skippy’s bowl win had his autograph. But once the BE days were over and we went to AAC bowls, the autographs and plastic case were no longer. This was just the last step..to finally end the practice all together. My collection of actual tickets is still intact and perhaps my most enjoyable item of USF history (and I have a whole bunch of other stuff). 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s fine. The last few were pretty bad...the actual game tickets looked better. This year’s bowl ticket has already been put into the  laminated holder. 

Will get this one autographed and displayed just like the rest of them.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Never understood the value of the commemorative ticket - emotionally or monetarily.

Especially now in a time where the game day ticket isn’t ripped in half at the door. 

No better way to commemorate a game than keeping the actual ticket and perhaps getting it signed by those who played or coached. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Part of me says "big deal".  Well, it's not anymore a big deal going to a bowl.  It was a big deal when we went to our first.

The other part of me says, for a gang not sure what tradition is, we probably should have continued this on as part of the program, for the fans.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I, too have every ticket thus far. But I used my neck ticket holder thing at the bowl game so my tickets are still pristine.