• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF MBB Now Projected to Have 19 Wins!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

hahaha... Yup... it's right next to the 'more' tab at the top.  I mean this started off about sports and now I feel like I'm not fully taking advantage of options and tools on the TBP...  learning experience.   

Learn something new every day even thought I try not to.  My brain is so full my stomach is getting larger.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

hahaha... Yup... it's right next to the 'more' tab at the top.  I mean this started off about sports and now I feel like I'm not fully taking advantage of options and tools on the TBP...  learning experience.   

Sonofa*****, I never knew it was there either. I was talking about whatever calendar you use and using the Search function back on here.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

Sonofa*****, I never knew it was there either. I was talking about whatever calendar you use and using the Search function back on here.

lmao... I thought you were pointing it out to us.  

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

lmao... I thought you were pointing it out to us.  

Were you able to use it totally for what you need? Or will you still need to use Search function once you get the reminder?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

23 hours ago, Triple B said:

Were you able to use it totally for what you need? Or will you still need to use Search function once you get the reminder?

I saved the screen cap conversation and set a reminder.  So yeah... it worked out.  :GoBulls:

the calendar is actually quite useful.  I'm going to use it more often I think.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

On 12/23/2018 at 10:29 PM, Triple B said:

COA's a good recruiter. An awesome recruiter would have been able to get, and keep, the talent needed to a place like USF .... and I am interested to hear what those 2 major hurdles were at USF keeping him from bringing in HIS type talent.

not to single you out but to jump into the conversation a little... here goes

In the back of my mind, I recall at one time the head BB coach position at USF to be thought of as a really bad job -- tough place to recruit and low fan support being the main problems. Maybe that was just Seth Greenberg putting his spin on the situation -- can't recall. I never really got that concept-- and maybe it was partially due to the focus on the emerging football program during those years.

Along the same lines-- our current BB coach is a P5 retread and that seems to work. So I am not down on all head coaches that come from big programs to little old USF. Charlie - ugh -- sorry-- not digging his whole method. But the right retread football coach could work-- or trying out a new younger coach with some fire in his belly-- either way-- something has to give on the football front. But yeah-- I like the way the USF BB coach is progressing.

Anyway-- the best part so far this year is that this team plays well together, are entertaining to watch, and seem to be able to beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Conference play might be a different story but there seem to be a handful of teams in our conference that aren't exactly unbeatable either. Whatever happens, it is just fun to be interested in basketball again. It has been a while for me caring about the USF hoops program (or any form of basketball to be honest).

Back when I was an undergrad/grad student - it was awesome to go to the games (85-92). A big factor being the lack of a football team and being into basketball in general (Chicago Bulls and Jordan certainly helped). The NBA and college morphed somewhere around 1998 into something else though. Thankfully-- USF football started and the Bucs became watchable.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:29 AM, Triple B said:

COA's a good recruiter. An awesome recruiter would have been able to get, and keep, the talent needed to a place like USF .... and I am interested to hear what those 2 major hurdles were at USF keeping him from bringing in HIS type talent.

22 hours ago, MikeG said:

not to single you out but to jump into the conversation a little... here goes

In the back of my mind, I recall at one time the head BB coach position at USF to be thought of as a really bad job -- tough place to recruit and low fan support being the main problems. Maybe that was just Seth Greenberg putting his spin on the situation -- can't recall. I never really got that concept-- and maybe it was partially due to the focus on the emerging football program during those years.

**** Vitale was the one who called it, and I'm paraphrasing, "the toughest job in college basketball" when we got into the Big East ... we were like taking a knife into a gun battle, or even more accurately put, into a nuclear war

... and my question was specifically in response to the post I Quoted. The poster was seemingly making excuses for COA's failure here  which seemed odd because he was pretty much anti-Stan from almost the beginning, cutting him little to no slack, even after his success here.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

**** Vitale was the one who called it, and I'm paraphrasing, "the toughest job in college basketball" when we got into the Big East ... we were like taking a knife into a gun battle, or even more accurately put, into a nuclear war

... and my question was specifically in response to the post I Quoted. The poster was seemingly making excuses for COA's failure here  which seemed odd because he was pretty much anti-Stan from almost the beginning, cutting him little to no slack, even after his success here.

Excellent point- at the time-- it was hard to argue that Vitale was wrong. When it comes to USF basketball--- of all the media people out there-- I would take Vitale's impressions as being extremely knowledgeable when it comes to USF (helps that he lives in Sarasota). Considering that several of the tougher schools from the Big East are also in the AAC-- the job is still pretty tough but nothing as bad as when we first joined the Big East.