• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF MBB Now Projected to Have 19 Wins!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Free throws free throws free throws. Gotta work on that because those come back to haunt. I’d say somewhere around 15 wins is a safe expectation but we most certainly have the potential to win more. 

If I recall, though, a lot of people were mad when we started to see a lot of players transfer. Let’s hope Strong does something similar in terms of success but basketball had WAY lower expectations. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Could use that charlotte game back on schedule for an extra victory boost

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Could use that charlotte game back on schedule for an extra victory boost

Great point...this needs to get done.

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

RPI is still directionally accurate and the more publicly recognized of the two. Unless NET has us dramatically lowere or higher then the distinction isn’t as relevant for where USF basketball is today.

My point was the NCAA committee has noted that the NET will be the primary source of statistical application going forward. Right now we are at #91 with that metric and does not include a large body of work but it will indeed be  relevant at the end of the year when decisions are made. 

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You’re correct. Do you happen to have a link handy?

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-11-26/net-explained-ncaa-adopts-new-college-basketball-ranking?amp

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, Calibull said:

Also, Blake Barnett is going to break every USF single season passing record next season.  With a full spring practice and year with St. Felix, watch. 

Tell you what.  If you are correct and agree I'll send $100 to your favorite charity.  If he doesn't you send $50 to mine.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Tell you what.  If you are correct and agree I'll send $100 to your favorite charity.  If he doesn't you send $50 to mine.  

deal... 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, Triple B said:

An awesome recruiter we were told ...

He is an awesome recruiter, been that way at every stop he's made including at his newest stop Illinois. He just couldn't bring in HIS  type of talent at USF because of  certain factors...2 major hurdles  that won't be discussed but should be obvious by now.

Thing about Coach Gregory is he was always known as a **** good floor coach, teacher, and motivator. His weakness WAS recruiting at Georgia Tech but it seems he can recruit better at USF then he could at Tech. 

What Coach Gregory has done is put together a really good coaching staff and did it with USF's budget. Gregory fired at Tech and going back to join Tom Izzo's staff, seems to been a blessing and USF is reaping the rewards. The best has yet to come for USF under the leadership of Brian Gregory imo.

19 hours ago, Calibull said:

Also, Blake Barnett is going to break every USF single season passing record next season.  With a full spring practice and year with St. Felix, watch. 

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

deal... 

So how do we bookmark this?  l'll make a note on my calendar for next December but then we need to find this.  

1 hour ago, Vega said:

He is an awesome recruiter, been that way at every stop he's made including at his newest stop Illinois. He just couldn't bring in HIS  type of talent at USF because of  certain factors...2 major hurdles  that won't be discussed but should be obvious by now.

Thing about Coach Gregory is he was always known as a **** good floor coach, teacher, and motivator. His weakness WAS recruiting at Georgia Tech but it seems he can recruit better at USF then he could at Tech

What Coach Gregory has done is put together a really good coaching staff and did it with USF's budget. Gregory fired at Tech and going back to join Tom Izzo's staff, seems to been a blessing and USF is reaping the rewards. The best has yet to come for USF under the leadership of Brian Gregory imo.

His players at GT were good enough to make the NIT the year after he left and make it pretty deep IIRC.  Looks like they made it to the quarterfinals.  In any case they must have had some talent.