• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The elephant in the room

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

17 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Army just scored 70-points on Houston... matter of fact, they might have just scored again. Marijuana use doesn't seem to be an issue there - maybe it's more of a personal issue (lack of self control). I may not care for Charlie Strong, but at least he has some standards and he's holding these individuals accountable.

yeah we attract the same type of student-athletes as Army......

Edited by Bull94

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh my gosh how could they do that? Don’t they know you got to bend rules if you want to win (sarcasm)....

you guys do realize that it is the NCAA that tests before a championship event and they will suspend them for pot. it's the only time the ncaa tests

it has nothing to do with nick saban and his discipline...

but of course you will all spin it that way because you want the facts to support your narrative.

The NCAA tests for steroids, peptide hormones and masking agents year-round and also tests for stimulants and recreational drugs during championships.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/ncaa-drug-testing-program

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you guys do realize that it is the NCAA that tests before a championship event and they will suspend them for pot. it's the only time the ncaa tests

it has nothing to do with nick saban and his discipline...

but of course you will all spin it that way because you want the facts to support your narrative.

The NCAA tests for steroids, peptide hormones and masking agents year-round and also tests for stimulants and recreational drugs during championships.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/ncaa-drug-testing-program

You do realize that it is still illegal...don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time... these guys just pissed away the biggest sports moment in their lives as well as let their team down. The other two teams did not have any suspensions so I guess that means you CAN run a tight ship and still win championships...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You do realize that it is still illegal...don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time..,

just wanted to make sure you people didn't think it was Saban who suspended them. it was the ncaa.

again strong can have any rules he wants but don't be surprised when we have very little depth and lose talent to this issue

here is an article that states it estimates 50- 60% of NFL players smoke pot. even quotes Jimbo Fisher about how dumb it is to suspend players.

BTW it's legal in many states. some of you people need to go back to living in the  50's with your outdated thinking.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-marijuana-ncaa-suspension-20170321-story.html

Edited by Bull94
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

just wanted to make sure you people didn't think it was Saban who suspended them. it was the ncaa.

again strong can have any rules he wants but don't be surprised when we have very little depth and lose talent to this issue

here is an article that states it estimates 50- 60% of NFL players smoke pot. even quotes Jimbo Fisher about how dumb it is to suspend players.

BTW it's legal in many states. some of you people need to go back to living in the  50's with your outdated thinking.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-marijuana-ncaa-suspension-20170321-story.html

When it becomes legal in Florida that is when I will stop bashing it. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Interesting to see how a totally veteran fan base handles this on a couple of their forums. No whining about Saban being too much of a disciplinarian ... no pouting about being entitled to a further explanation .... yet, anyway.

Tidefans.com

SECRant

Oh please, there were plenty of melt downs in the Mike Dubose, Dennis Franchione, and Mike Shula days.  It's a lot easier to be cool, calm, and collected with a coach with a 140-20 record and 5 National Championships.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,753
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

We agree with each other a lot Bull94, I'm just not going to change my stance when it comes to weed. My gut says we''ll be paying for the medical and psychosis implications years down the road with today's youth (although this is a sideways argument considering I like to drink beer). Merry Christmas.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

link?

11 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

We agree with each other a lot Bull94, I'm just not going to change my stance when it comes to weed. My gut says we''ll be paying for the medical and psychosis implications years down the road with today's youth (although this is a sideways argument considering I like to drink beer). Merry Christmas.

it is  a sideways argument. alcohol is terrible for you and costs our society billions in healthcare and legal issues. Not to mention the devastating effects of drunk driving.

I read an article that added up the costs of the homeless alcoholics and what they cost just Pinellas county in jail and hospital bills. It came to hundreds of thousands for each person who is submitted over and over to emergency rooms and jails.

I'm sure you drank it as an underage college student(as did I) which was against NCAA rules.

Listen the idea that pot is some evil drug is so 1950;s it's ridiculous.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Edited by Bull94

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

link?

I linked the NCAA rules as to when they test and suspend for street drugs above. it is before championship events.

same reason 3 clemson players were suspended for drugs this week.

Edited by Bull94