• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you grade Burke's performance last night?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

53 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I can easily say better than ole Gil because we actually had a freaking trick play for this first time this year.  

The fact that the wildcat plays (in general not just the trick one) were so smart, creative and effective makes me convinced Strong actively fought against their inclusion. 

You know how some people can't digest dairy?  The only thing Strong can digest is vanilla.

Well I would say if we saw more of the same I would then say it was Strong but the new changes shows maybe it was more Gilbert..either way both are boring and would love to bring back rules to stop the forward pass from the game.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

16 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Did everyone forget his awful decision to run the ball late in the 4th?!

This guy is still not the answer.

We need someone with guts, from the outside, with a fast paced no holds barred offense.

UPVOTES!  ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑↑ ↑ Did I mention UPVOTES?

• Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Well I would say if we saw more of the same I would then say it was Strong but the new changes shows maybe it was more Gilbert..either way both are boring and would love to bring back rules to stop the forward pass from the game.

I was just trying to be funny by bringing Strong into the convo.  To me, the fact that Strong never saw a problem with the vanilla offense Gilbert ran makes him just as culpable.  

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I was just trying to be funny by bringing Strong into the convo.  To me, the fact that Strong never saw a problem with the vanilla offense Gilbert ran makes him just as culpable.  

Agree...Strong should have told him we need to change things up and not run 3-4 plays 90% of the game.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Strong put his stamp of approval on the offense when he placed someone in charge to call plays based on what Strong is familiar with (not saying King was going to be an upgrade). This is a Strong issue - not an OC issue. When Gilbert is setting the world on fire at McCheeseburger State like he has done everywhere else pre-Strong alignment, you'll all come to the agreement that the most powerful man in the building is running our program back into the ground. It was nice that Texas paid for two years - however the writing is very clear... abandon ship. Abandon ship. The one thing you learn about Texans is they care about their football more than anything. I don't like UT... but I now see what they witnessed for three years. We're not UT... so let's cut sling load in two years before things get expensive for our small donor base.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

you'll all come to the agreement that the most powerful man in the building is running our program back into the ground.  

I have no doubt that is what Strong is doing....if this school had balls they would make a change we dont need to see what year 3 and 4 looks like because it is likely to be ugly.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He did pretty good.  Problems run much deeper than OC

I agree totally, BUT you could blame a fair amount of the execution problems in this game on the fact that we practiced and ran so little of that stuff theoubut the preseason and regular season. 

I think the game was called decently.  I don't advocate for overly creative play calling.  You should learn to run an offense well and be smart enough to play off your tendencies, adjust, and have an occasional wildcard.  

Edited by slowdown

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

Better calls than Gilbert with limited talent and time to prep. We need an oline and to add some receivers. 

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

Lack of IQ football players.. There was wide open at right field in this video, did Cronk want to play?  Why Norman let Wilcox to block alone?  It seems that Blake can't elude backward to avoid a sack.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244

C-

i liked the way he used McCants, liked the jet sweep, there was greater variety in some of the plays but others either made no sense (draw on 3rd & long in our own territory, chickenshit FG calls) & the personnel decisions at QB were inexplicable.