• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

If a team is required to pay for a set number of tickets, doesn't it make sense to distribute them to your fans when it is a home game and there is no demand?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

If a team is required to pay for a set number of tickets, doesn't it make sense to distribute them to your fans when it is a home game and there is no demand?

it absolutely does.  my questions to someone was  how many tickets were actually sold with all the free ones given  away

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I'd like to see these bogus bowls that actually cost the schools money go away. Maybe change it to if you get 6 wins, you get the practices without the duress of the Adam & Eve Marital Aid Bowl(fictional and would be 1000x better than most of these bowls. The narrators could really be entertaining when the game gets boring and start to hype the products.)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/23/2018 at 9:42 PM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'd like to see these bogus bowls that actually cost the schools money go away.

Why? Then ESPN is stuck having to fill December programming slots with darts, billiards and volleyball. And if I recall correctly, no one is holding a loaded forty-five to the heads of the ADs of the participating schools. Any school can take the moral high ground and say "You know what? We finished 8-4 this year, aren't even ranked in the top 20, so we'll decline the option of playing in the Battle Frog Makers Wanted Bowl. It's just not a money making proposition. We'll spend more than we'll get revenue wise. We're just gonna cool our jets here at the ranch until next fall. Thanks for the invite, but we're gonna pass (in the participatory sense of the word)."

For some bizarre reason "Hey, we went to a bowl game" and "we won our bowl game" (without going into a lot of detail vis-a-vis sponsorship) seems to have merit. We all get the joke that there are only a handful of bowl games that "matter". I think these also-ran bowls are just a natural extension of the season. It's not about rewarding a stellar season. It's that you didn't have a losing season. And we just happen to know this company willing to pay $X to sponsor a bowl. That being the case....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Why? Then ESPN is stuck having to fill December programming slots with darts, billiards and volleyball. And if I recall correctly, no one is holding a loaded forty-five to the heads of the ADs of the participating schools. Any school can take the moral high ground and say "You know what? We finished 8-4 this year, aren't even ranked in the top 20, so we'll decline the option of playing in the Battle Frog Makers Wanted Bowl. It's just not a money making proposition. We'll spend more than we'll get revenue wise. We're just gonna cool our jets here at the ranch until next fall. Thanks for the invite, but we're gonna pass (in the participatory sense of the word)."

For some bizarre reason "Hey, we went to a bowl game" and "we won our bowl game" (without going into a lot of detail vis-a-vis sponsorship) seems to have merit. We all get the joke that there are only a handful of bowl games that "matter". I think these also-ran bowls are just a natural extension of the season. It's not about rewarding a stellar season. It's that you didn't have a losing season. And we just happen to know this company willing to pay $X to sponsor a bowl. That being the case....

Exactly. The lamest statement in college sports is that there is too many bowls. If you don’t like them, don’t watch them. As you say I would rather watch a bowl game than the European Darts Championships. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

European Dart Championships can actually be entertaining.   For a special treat, try the Cornhole Championships

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, TheAccountant said:

There isn't a college football team in America that would still have a great turnout for a game given all of these

1. It was a weekday game
  2. There was terrible weather all day, including 3 tornados in the Tampa area. There was a lot of rain and it was cold.
  3. We had lost 5 games in a row and looked atrocious doing it
  4. The on field product has been terrible all season
  5. All the students are on break, meaning a lot of them are at home and not in Tampa
  6. It was essentially a home game, yet ticket prices were more expensive
  7. The opponent was a nobody
  8. Nobody honestly expected USF to win or play well based on what we have seen this season. 

1.  Many weekday bowls packed their stadiums.

2.. Weak excuse, but better than most.  Cold!!  LOL

3.  Fair weather fans.

4.  See number 3.

5.  That “nobody”j kicked the Almighty Bulls in the gonads.

5.  Did that stop UCF students from traveling to the Fiesta Bowl?

6.  Cheap compared to many Bowl games.

7.  So,  a “Nobody” kicked the Mighty Bulls in the gonads.

8.  See number 3.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

It was a train wreck of a season, not just the last five (and subsequently six) games.. I frankly didn’t want to watch the final train wreck in person. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

6 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

It was a train wreck of a season, not just the last five (and subsequently six) games.. I frankly didn’t want to watch the final train wreck in person. 

even in a monsoon with tornado warnings much of the day?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,985
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

5.  Did that stop UCF students from traveling to the Fiesta Bowl?

USF students and fans would have traveled in good numbers to Fiesta Bowl. It has so many more positives than the Mow Bowl.  But we didnt earn it.  We got what we got.