• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I miss Sterlin Gilbert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

When I watch the game I see a Usf team just going thru the motions just like Strong. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

56 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

The calendar year changes! BIG NEWS!

Keep them guessing, smart.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

I have a suspicion that Gilbert wasn’t even the problem. I was all in on getting rid of Gilbert but watching the team last night, they looked exactly like they did the whole year.

I am afraid that this move brought Strong another two years because he can always say I had to get the players to fit my new OC scheme.

The AD need to look no further then Texas to see Strong did the exact same thing. He runs players off under the notion that he is getting rid of bad players, then he is left with no players to fill the gaps then it becomes an excuse “we need to get better players in here”. I mean he is doing the same exact thing to a T that he did at Texas, even his press conferences sound exactly the same. If he can’t get it done at the richest program in the nation what made our administration think he would get it done here with our limited resources.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

42 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Keep them guessing, smart.

No, he's the Georgia coach.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

No, he's the Georgia coach.

I guess that answers the age old question about whether it’s better to be smart or strong.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, HPbull said:

I have a suspicion that Gilbert wasn’t even the problem. I was all in on getting rid of Gilbert but watching the team last night, they looked exactly like they did the whole year.

I am afraid that this move brought Strong another two years because he can always say I had to get the players to fit my new OC scheme.

The AD need to look no further then Texas to see Strong did the exact same thing. He runs players off under the notion that he is getting rid of bad players, then he is left with no players to fill the gaps then it becomes an excuse “we need to get better players in here”. I mean he is doing the same exact thing to a T that he did at Texas, even his press conferences sound exactly the same. If he can’t get it done at the richest program in the nation what made our administration think he would get it done here with our limited resources.

100%. Really hope this gets addressed before it's too late.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Disagree. I thought Burke mixed it up nicely last night. Attacked more of the field. McCants in the wildcat was brilliant. Why didn't we see that before now?  I think with a more dynamic QB (Let's hope Battle is the real deal) that Burke's offense can produce.

The defense is a complete train wreck and I don't even know where you start to fix it.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

This last month since the loss to UCF has been very interesting: 

The daily clock of when "changes" were coming or when would someone be fired. 

The expectation of playing an ACC team in the bowl and then realization/anger that we will have to play a decent CUSA team. 

Finding out the "buyout" was actually BS. 

The PR campaign that CCS isn't the problem but that replacing Gilbert would solve everything. 

King for OC. 

Gilbert to McNeese and mass celebrations. 

Burke to OC Bowl game. 

Losing Bowl Game. 

Image result for that moment you realize you are screwed

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, HPbull said:

This makes Strong brilliant. He self-creates a situation with excuses to keep him around while he jettisons kids and coaches.

Flat out he looks like a terrible head coach with a football philosophy that doesn't fit USF players and doesn't appeal to USF fans. Plus it doesn't win.