• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

FIRE 🔥STRONG NOW!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Do you eat what may be a massive buyout or do you let 3-9 happen to lessen said buyout.. it really just comes down to that..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, hm101 said:

I have officially cut off USF athletics from my donations. I won't take it personally if they dont care but if they do they will make a change and we shall resume the donations. Up to them. 

Let Michael Kelly know.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  565

I find it funny all the reactions from people on here who's job it is to work in the Athletic Department and control all the ins and outs of the hiring and firing on our multi-mullion dollar coaches and assistant coaches based on a sneeze, cough, or hiccup.  I wonder if there are any coaches out there on any team who have (after 4 - 5 seasons) achieved the greatness that is 4 - 5 immediate undefeated seasons (at a major University).  If there are, perhaps they would LOVE to quit their jobs and come to our University to take over what some of our impatient fans (not passionate, because to me passionate also realizes REALITY) see as the only job in the world worth having in all College sports.

SMH ~ 🙄

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

I find it funny all the reactions from people on here who's job it is to work in the Athletic Department and control all the ins and outs of the hiring and firing on our multi-mullion dollar coaches and assistant coaches based on a sneeze, cough, or hiccup.  I wonder if there are any coaches out there on any team who have (after 4 - 5 seasons) achieved the greatness that is 4 - 5 immediate undefeated seasons (at a major University).  If there are, perhaps they would LOVE to quit their jobs and come to our University to take over what some of our impatient fans (not passionate, because to me passionate also realizes REALITY) see as the only job in the world worth having in all College sports.

SMH ~ 🙄

There's a program very close by that doesn't seem to have a problem finding good young coaches.  What's our problem?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

21 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

SMH ~ 🙄

What exactly are the fans supposed to be patiently waiting for?

You forget the winless season they just had a few seasons (and 2 Head coaches) ago....

The problem I have with people is that they expect every season to be a perfect or a 1 loss season.  EVERY SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football teams and schools win in CYCLES.  some years, some bad.  Even if your name is ND, or UM, or yes Alabama.

People have to let coaches coach, let players develop (with the help of good coaches) and if you don't think that coaches get Vetted for the ability to coach and improve their players than you are OFF YOUR ROCKER!

No team will hire a coach who hasn't shown the ability to make their players better in some way.  Some coaches are better than others, but its also about REACHING that student athlete and their DESIRE to want to improve and be a better player.

13 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

You forget the winless season they just had a few seasons (and 2 Head coaches) ago....

The problem I have with people is that they expect every season to be a perfect or a 1 loss season.  EVERY SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football teams and schools win in CYCLES.  some years, some bad.  Even if your name is ND, or UM, or yes Alabama.

People have to let coaches coach, let players develop (with the help of good coaches) and if you don't think that coaches get Vetted for the ability to coach and improve their players than you are OFF YOUR ROCKER!

No team will hire a coach who hasn't shown the ability to make their players better in some way.  Some coaches are better than others, but its also about REACHING that student athlete and their DESIRE to want to improve and be a better player.

there are bad coaching hires every year.  This was not a team or program that was in rebuild mold when CCS came in.  This season was a debacle and shouldn't happen.  It's not about winning 10 or 11 games every year, but this shouldn't happen.   Home losse to Tulane, skating by Tulsa, getting manhandled by Marshall shouldn't happen.  We looked lost much of the season.

• Upvote 1

Coaching also can take you only so far!!! The players have to actually Play the game too!  If a player knows how to tackle, and he doesn't tackle properly, the only thing that is on the coaches is when they don't pull that player aside and tell him what he's doing wrong, or get him off the field.  I don't see that as a reality when we had so many players with poor tackling during the games.

Anyways, I won't convince any of you to relax the coaching Armageddon, and you all will never convince me that every coach that doesn't win for us 10-11 games every year for the rest of the life of this team should go!

So on I move to the next topic. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Players want to have fun and players want to win and right now under Strong they’re experiencing neither.  Probably explains the apathy I saw on the sidelines yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

you all will never convince me that every coach that doesn't win for us 10-11 games every year for the rest of the life of this team should go!

nobody has said that so you're points are misguided.  Our tackling is so horrendous that it goes back to coaching, but that really isn't even the concern.  The team looks lost much of the time and he creates a play not to lost culture with his teams.  It is not new and is not only evident over the past 2 years here at USF.  

That being said, I haven't screamed fire CS and I get the repercussions to doing so beyond the current state of the football program