• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIRE 🔥STRONG NOW!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

What bothers me the most is the team got worse as the season progressed. In the 2nd year you can overlook the record if you see improvement as the season goes on but this year the team clearly regressed week after week.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

You forget the winless season they just had a few seasons (and 2 Head coaches) ago....

The problem I have with people is that they expect every season to be a perfect or a 1 loss season.  EVERY SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football teams and schools win in CYCLES.  some years, some bad.  Even if your name is ND, or UM, or yes Alabama.

People have to let coaches coach, let players develop (with the help of good coaches) and if you don't think that coaches get Vetted for the ability to coach and improve their players than you are OFF YOUR ROCKER!

No team will hire a coach who hasn't shown the ability to make their players better in some way.  Some coaches are better than others, but its also about REACHING that student athlete and their DESIRE to want to improve and be a better player.

Normally I agree with this kind of thinking and believe that a fan base should be patient but did you watch the last season and a half?

If our players had demonstrated any kind of fight, any glimer of hope at all I’d be in favor of keeping Strong.

But this team is too much like the Holtz’s teams of past.

Their lack of caring, lack of fundementals, lack of will to fight till the end.

That all stems from coaching. Strong is a certified loser, ask Texas.

To keep him is a long term mistake.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

1 minute ago, bullsfan27 said:

What bothers me the most is the team got worse as the season progressed. In the 2nd year you can overlook the record if you see improvement as the season goes on but this year the team clearly regressed week after week.

Yes, trending the wrong way. It's almost the Holtz New Error 2.0.  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

This team hasn't tackled well in like, what, 8-10 years?

I see nothing, but regression in the team. Recruiting is getting worse according to the stats. When is this going to get better?

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

The program has no excitement.

That comes from a coach that takes knees with over a minute left in the half with 3 timeouts, and concedes the game(s) by punting midway through the 4th quarter.

That comes from a coach who didn't even evaluate (by his own words CSG) his players strengths before completely changing the offense.

That comes from a S&C program that doesn't hold players accountable for skipping workouts, and letting them get fatter and out of shape during the season. The defense was gassed the entire bowl game. Literally, from the 2nd play of the game.

That comes from a recruiting rankings in the 60's.

The program is being dismantled ... again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567

I wonder if we can get a progression of injuries from game one all the way though the season.  Can we all agree that even in college, there can be a HUGE Step up or down from the starters down through the depth chart (and also as far down as the rookies?)

I wonder how much of a factor it was losing so many skilled and great position players throughout the year.

As for uninspired football yesterday, I believe that we are going to have to search for a bonified OC because what we saw last night was definitely not inspiring confidence.  But I am also not calling for the coaches head because he made a decision and stuck with it through a meaningless bowlgame.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This team hasn't tackled well in like, what, 8-10 years?

I see nothing, but regression in the team. Recruiting is getting worse according to the stats. When is this going to get better?

Tom Allen did ok. Raymond Woodie was a disaster 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

As if the bowl game was the only issue ^

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

I wonder if we can get a progression of injuries from game one all the way though the season.  Can we all agree that even in college, there can be a HUGE Step up or down from the starters down through the depth chart (and also as far down as the rookies?)

I wonder how much of a factor it was losing so many skilled and great position players throughout the year.

As for uninspired football yesterday, I believe that we are going to have to search for a bonified OC because what we saw last night was definitely not inspiring confidence.  But I am also not calling for the coaches head because he made a decision and stuck with it through a meaningless bowlgame.

UCF stuck a Fr QB in and still won.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

This was what was unbelievable to me. After the Tech win my feeling was that this would be a 10 win team as the players would get better as the schedule got harder...but the exact opposite happened. Mico being out really hurt, but this defense got about 40% worse...I think Roberts just missed another tackle....