• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Ladies getting taken to the woodshed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,937
  • Days Won:  38

I thought this was about the bowl game.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

ESPN is pretending this game isn't happening.  No score, no updates and they say it's being played in Warden Arena in Winter Park Florida.

game.PNG

It was played at Warden Arena on Rollins College campus. USF took the lead at 70 to 69. But after a Timeout they couldn't hold on. Thought we would witness one of the best comebacks ever. Down by 21 at one point and 18 at the half.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It was played at Warden Arena on Rollins College campus. USF took the lead at 70 to 69. But after a Timeout they couldn't hold on. Thought we would witness one of the best comebacks ever. Down by 21 at one point and 18 at the half.

Tough loss, but sounds like an exciting game.  You made the right call to go to that game

They play Virginia at 4 today. UVA's 6'9" gal went out with an ACL earlier this month. Hopefully we play 40 minutes this afternoon. Creighton shot lights out from 3 in 1st half. 

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  1

For the game Creighton shot 14 - 29 from the 3 (at 58.82% in the 1st half).  Any team that shoots that well from behind the arch will most likely be ahead through most of the game.

We did show a LOT of grit able to erase a 21 point deficit in the second half, but part of that was that Creighton had a few scoreless droughts.  The problem was that at this point we needed to pretty much convert every time down the court to keep the lead once we erased that deficit, and they started drawing fouls from our ladies.  So by the end of the 4th quarter, the charity stripe was not our friend.

Still gives me a good feeling that this team can actually come back from almost any seemingly insurmountable deficit.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

They lose the second game falling to Virgina 74 to 67.

This team is offensively challenged.  Haven't looked at stats but we don't seem to be making a high percentage of shots, from inside the paint or outside the arc.  Enna appears to have an offensive mind set and can shoot the ball pretty well.  There are 2 Fr that may never see the court again this year - #30 and #11.  Just look lost out there. 11 doesn't get out there much as it is.   #30 started some games but CJF was quick to pull her and didn't put her back in in game 1.  She played a couple of minutes in game 2 when Laura F went to the locker room with an illness or injury yesterday.  

We seemed to be able to get the ball down low for some easy baskets in the 1st quarter and Laura F had a good shooting half.  They clamped down on her in the 2nd half and it was hard for her to even get a shot off.  Think we scored in the mid 20s in that first quarter but it was all downhill from there, maybe 15 in the 2nd qtr and 9 in the 3rd.  

I know CJF wasn't happy with the defense in the 2 games either.  The NCAA streak may come to an end this year.  There is one new person supposed to be coming in Jan but have no idea of her talent and how fast she can learn the plays and integrate into the team.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

Rosentale and Kestner are the freshmen that look like freshmen. We're so used to freshmen that step right in like Harvey, but these two look like typical first-year players. I'm with Ricky. Doesn't look like a 20-win team or an NCAA caliber club this year without Kit - I don't think anyone is surprised by that. But, hey, if there's one coach at USF that can get it done regardless, it's Jose. I wouldn't count him or the ladies out. They've already been better than I expected without Kit.

Was nice to see Kit travel with the team. Got a chance to talk to her for a few seconds.  She is working hard on the rehab. My wife and I were talking about whether she'll be back next year and my wife brought up something I didn't think of.  With the timing of the draft and the WNBA season, she won't be able to play this year.  Not sure if a team would draft someone and wait a year to play them.  So there is a chance she'll be back. May depend on how much she wants her Masters.  She may be the best student in the group.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/22/2018 at 9:59 AM, CousinRicky said:

Was nice to see Kit travel with the team. Got a chance to talk to her for a few seconds.  She is working hard on the rehab. My wife and I were talking about whether she'll be back next year and my wife brought up something I didn't think of.  With the timing of the draft and the WNBA season, she won't be able to play this year.  Not sure if a team would draft someone and wait a year to play them.  So there is a chance she'll be back. May depend on how much she wants her Masters.  She may be the best student in the group.

Has Kit said she wants to play in the WNBA?