• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gasparilla Bowl Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Yeah, blame it on the seniors, Charlie.  These guys were winners before Strong got here.  Should have fired him after the game.  

Am I missing something...I don't see where he is blaming it on the seniors...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

Besides the glaring challenges in the offensive philosophy. This team was often not prepared to compete By this coaching staff. 

You can be young and still be physical you can be inexperienced but  be taught good tackling technique. As I watched the game unfold last night I would bet there was at least 200 yards gained after broken and missed tackles. 

God bless # 24 on defence he looks like he tries very hard but really after 12 games  he  hasn’t been coached up on how to break down on the edge and force the runner either inside to the pursuit or contain them on the outside. there’s at least 10 Plays I remember where he made the same mistake. 

This coaching staff needs to understand ATTITUDE REFECTS LEADERSHIP!

7 minutes ago, Massbull said:

Besides the glaring challenges in the offensive philosophy. This team was often not prepared to compete By this coaching staff. 

You can be young and still be physical you can be inexperienced but  be taught good tackling technique. As I watched the game unfold last night I would bet there was at least 200 yards gained after broken and missed tackles. 

God bless # 24 on defence he looks like he tries very hard but really after 12 games  he  hasn’t been coached up on how to break down on the edge and force the runner either inside to the pursuit or contain them on the outside. there’s at least 10 Plays I remember where he made the same mistake. 

And five of these were by Roberts...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

21 minutes ago, Massbull said:

Our best tackler was the sloppy Turf.

Nuff said!!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Am I missing something...I don't see where he is blaming it on the seniors...

His post-game comment about cleaning things up and  "A lot of guys will be leaving.  Seniors are the only ones "leaving" unless he has a list of underclassmen he's getting rid of.  I guess it depends on his definition of a lot.  

7 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

His post-game comment about cleaning things up and  "A lot of guys will be leaving.  Seniors are the only ones "leaving" unless he has a list of underclassmen he's getting rid of.  I guess it depends on his definition of a lot.  

Yeah reading this it appeared to me that he was talking about getting rid of underclassmen as “cleaning up” is an active voice...seniors simply leave on their own. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

great cleaning up a program that didn't need it. sounds just like his time at texas

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

great cleaning up a program that didn't need it. sounds just like his time at texas

What happened at Texas?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,516
  • Days Won:  28

I blame the 2015/2016 rcruiting class for sucking so bad - https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Season/2016-Football/Commits/

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Massbull said:

#24 shouldn't be on the field....that's on the coaches for putting him there. He needs to hold water bottles