• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Gasparilla Bowl Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

......really an Alabama reference? We are much closer to Marshall than Alabama, and that's not even close. 

That wasn't the point, but why am not surprised by the response.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That's a sad testament to our athletic department if we haven't been able to advance our brand over the past 20+ years 

Our Athletic Department is sad. It has been sad under Judy's watch. A program is either in or out in terms of institutional support. ucf has decided to go all in we continue to sit on the fence. A part of me will be happy on July 1st as it could start a culture change.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Our Athletic Department is sad. It has been sad under Judy's watch. A program is either in or out in terms of institutional support. ucf has decided to go all in we continue to sit on the fence. A part of me will be happy on July 1st as it could start a culture change.

And this is really the point.  If we are going to be a nice little G5 program, then fine.   Be that.  That isn't what we were and that isn't what we appeared to be building under CJL and that isn't how we presented ourselves at the last go of conference expansion.  We should be "closer" to Alabama than Marshall

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That wasn't the point, but why am not surprised by the response.  

Then what was the point? Yes alabama fans would be pissed, but thats apples and oranges. 

We were a middle of the road Big East team, which was not considered on par with the rest of the BCS conferences, which is why they took the few teams that were and left the rest. 

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

And this is really the point.  If we are going to be a nice little G5 program, then fine.   Be that.  That isn't what we were and that isn't what we appeared to be building under CJL and that isn't how we presented ourselves at the last go of conference expansion.  We should be "closer" to Alabama than Marshall

Completely agree. Judy certainly got our academic house in order and I very grateful for that. But can we not have both good academics and good athletic programs (talking football)? I am not asking to be in the CFB playoffs but give me something to believe in. The college administration is very, very conservative in fiscal matters (and I am not asking them to bounce checks) and hiring strategies (and not asking them to hire a pedophile)  than other more successful universities in both areas. Maybe just pushing the needle a little to the left would bring better successes. But hey I could be totally off...but I do think some type of change in culture is needed.

10 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

We were a middle of the road Big East team, which was not considered on par with the rest of the BCS conferences, which is why they took the few teams that were and left the rest. 

and that is why I go back to the CJL years, a few BE conference championship wins and a few NYD bowl games would have, in my opinion, made a big difference when the conference chairs were being realigned. But this came no where near happening...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Then what was the point? Yes alabama fans would be pissed, but thats apples and oranges. 

🙄

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

and that is why I go back to the CJL year, a few BE conference championship wins and a few NYD bowl games would have, in my opinion, made a big difference when the conference chairs were being realigned.

I agree, and to act who we are isn't who we have been for a long time is a distorted view of our history. 

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

We had the 3rd highest winning percentage overall in the Big East, higher than Syracuse and Rutgers.  Cincinnati was the best.  They are also stuck in the aac