• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Game Pep Rally, Bulls Happy Hour

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I'm actually very curious about this game.  I'm kind of excited to see if Burke can call plays or not.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I'm actually very curious about this game.  I'm kind of excited to see if Burke can call plays or not.

I think he will be a surprise.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s not for lack of reason. We self inflicted a wound at about the least opportune time. We then made a horrible hire, to replace a legend that only lasted three years as we managed to go 3-9. We felt that was rock bottom and then we hired someone hell bent and determined to run power football and dragged us to 2-10 while losing to FCS schools and F?U schools while at the same time getting relegated to the kiddy table and having to join forces with UCF who we had long left in our rear view mirror. Then we somehow miracle our way back to respectability and as soon as that happens the sub .500 coach that never won a bowl game and finally learned to win bolts and we replace him with what should be a decent hire but instead UCF somehow steals our thunder and starts winning every game for years while doing so with different coaches and QBs as they get national attention and play in NY6 games. Meanwhile we are playing at 7-5 in a game that is amazingly less appealing than an AAC game while being at the same horrible game day environment we suffer thru at least six times every year while it rains coldly on our stuffing which at least can help us pretend we aren’t crying. There is plenty of reasons for people to be reasonably griping. Did I mention we were promised big changes?

Yeah, that's great.  Still doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s not for lack of reason. We self inflicted a wound at about the least opportune time. We then made a horrible hire, to replace a legend that only lasted three years as we managed to go 3-9. We felt that was rock bottom and then we hired someone hell bent and determined to run power football and dragged us to 2-10 while losing to FCS schools and F?U schools while at the same time getting relegated to the kiddy table and having to join forces with UCF who we had long left in our rear view mirror. Then we somehow miracle our way back to respectability and as soon as that happens the sub .500 coach that never won a bowl game and finally learned to win bolts and we replace him with what should be a decent hire but instead UCF somehow steals our thunder and starts winning every game for years while doing so with different coaches and QBs as they get national attention and play in NY6 games. Meanwhile we are playing at 7-5 in a game that is amazingly less appealing than an AAC game while being at the same horrible game day environment we suffer thru at least six times every year while it rains coldly on our stuffing which at least can help us pretend we aren’t crying. There is plenty of reasons for people to be reasonably griping. Did I mention we were promised big changes?

I know you like to poke the bear and piss and moan mostly for fun (I think).  But the reason CJL was fired was because people were tired of being the same position you are moaning about - us being 7 - 5 this year.  Right about where CJL had us most years.  His last 3 years were 9 - 4, 8 - 5, 8 - 5.  If we win tomorrow we'll be at 8 - 5.  Wait for it "but the competition............."

There is absolutely nothing we can do about how well UCF is doing other than beat them next year.  And the Win Loss record had nothing to do with us not going to a P5.  

We've always had something to complain about.  That's what fans do.  I'm sure Michigan fans aren't happy that they haven't won a NC since hiring Harbaugh.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I know you like to poke the bear and piss and moan mostly for fun (I think).  But the reason CJL was fired was because people were tired of being the same position you are moaning about - us being 7 - 5 this year.  Right about where CJL had us most years.  His last 3 years were 9 - 4, 8 - 5, 8 - 5.  If we win tomorrow we'll be at 8 - 5.  Wait for it "but the competition............."

There is absolutely nothing we can do about how well UCF is doing other than beat them next year.  And the Win Loss record had nothing to do with us not going to a P5.  

We've always had something to complain about.  That's what fans do.  I'm sure Michigan fans aren't happy that they haven't won a NC since hiring Harbaugh.  

Sometimes I am sure that’s the reason, sometimes I am sure it’s because I am following my convictions and other times I am not sure why I am involved in an internet argument. I am sure however that you are right and I fully believe there is a huge difference between being 8-5 while climbing up to the highest echelons of college football than being 8-5 while falling to deepest depths of the abyss of college football known as the AAC (although the record post CJL is much closer to .500 than it is to 8-5). As for Michigan I fully expect that if Harbaugh can’t get over the Ohio State hump, especially in the absence of Meyer, that he will be unceremoniously fired (that’s life in the big leagues).

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah, that's great.  Still doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying ....

Ok

If CJL was good enough to just win us two BE Championships we would be in the P5 now...but he was not good enough...

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If CJL was good enough to just win us two BE Championships we would be in the P5 now...but he was not good enough...

And yet somehow his successors can’t even manage to win the AAC. I almost got stuck with an AAC championship yesterday at a white elephant gift exchange but luckily I was able to trade it for a Nickleback poster and CD.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And yet somehow his successors can’t even manage to win the AAC. I almost got stuck with an AAC championship yesterday at a white elephant gift exchange but luckily I was able to trade it for a Nickleback poster and CD.

Still if he had won the discussion on the AAC wood be moot...

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Still if he had won the discussion on the AAC wood be moot...

Boise State disagrees with this.