• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Return to Hardwood Saturday against Appalachian State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

54 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Amazing how many high tempo teams we have played thus far.

That's just how the kids play basketball today. I hate it. Give me Charles Oakley trying to fight Alonzo Mourning with JVG hanging off his leg in a battle to 80 pts. That's basketball. 

We lean more towards that physical defensive brand and I love it. I'll take Yetna with 15+ boards and official timeouts to wipe the blood off the court. I can watch that all day, win or lose. Today's game was great to watch and took me back to the 80s and 90s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

That's just how the kids play basketball today. I hate it. Give me Charles Oakley trying to fight Alonzo Mourning with JVG hanging off his leg in a battle to 80 pts. That's basketball. 

We lean more towards that physical defensive brand and I love it. I'll take Yetna with 15+ boards and official timeouts to wipe the blood off the court. I can watch that all day, win or lose. Today's game was great to watch and took me back to the 80s and 90s.

I am 100% with you on this. We have a coach now who preaches aggressive defensive play. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Team looked good today.  I take full responsibility for the FT's.  When we were 9/10 I turned to my wife and said Wow shooting 90% free throws, then it all went south.  Very true this team will live and die on free throws this year.

Noticed that too but made a conscious effort not to utter a word about it ...... so full responsibility to you it is.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I see a lot of Hakem Shahid and Gary Alexander in him

He looks better than both of them to me.  Kid is long, powerful, and athletic.  Has a very solid game and has a little euro step he goes to on the move. He is a rebound machine and dishes assist from time to time.  He's special. I think he could be a guy who gets drafted to be honest.  His game is something different... love this kid.  He could very well end up being my favorite Bull basketball player all time.  I'm so high on this kid.  But I do get what you're saying so I'm not knocking that down at all.  I get what you mean.  We got a real good one in this Yetna.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

He looks better than both of them to me.  Kid is long, powerful, and athletic.  Has a very solid game and has a little euro step he goes to on the move. He is a rebound machine and dishes assist from time to time.  He's special. I think he could be a guy who gets drafted to be honest.  His game is something different... love this kid.  He could very well end up being my favorite Bull basketball player all time.  I'm so high on this kid.  But I do get what you're saying so I'm not knocking that down at all.  I get what you mean.  We got a real good one in this Yetna.  

And he can knock down the open 3. If shows he can do that consistently NBA scouts would be intrigued. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

image.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We have a coach now who preaches aggressive defensive play. 

... and from the Izzo coaching tree. They've worked out pretty good here.

• Upvote 1