• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF catching flack for not scheduling UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Completely agree. I did not want to assume UCF would win, but just answer the perception question.

That's kind of my point in this whole scheduling argument.  It's hit or miss (G5 team has to be at top of their game and P5 team has to be respectable enough) and beating a P5 team often turns into as much of a statement about them as the G5 team.  It's a bs circle jerk for the p5 power brokers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

UCF scheduled UNC several years ago, when UNC was I think 11-1. The game was supposed to happen this year, and UNC would have done nothing for the power of schedule debate, but many roasted them for not scheduling  more P 5 teams. Ignorance abounds.  They have lost two P5 games in 2 years due to storms, and we lost  roof, pool cage, and about 225K in home damage, UCF got a better deal.

USF has  a decided advantage in scheduling  P5 teams IMO. No bond issue forcing a certain number of home games, a huge number of seats  to sell for FSU/uf type games. You guys are using the advantages well.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

Each team has to stick with their scheduling philosophy.  The UCF approach has worked fine to date.

Do these games work?

Home/Home
• Penn State
• South Carolina 
• Missouri
• Maryland
• Stanford
• Pittsburgh
• GaTech
• UNC
• NC State
• Louisvill

- - BC

- Kansas State 

2for1
• Texas

One and Done
• Ohio State
• Michigan

UF would be great, but not with allowing other alsorans to think they too could start demanding same deal.

You have a home stadium in Ireland? Maybe it got the lion’s share of the budget.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

I am open to playing anyone in the country, but shouldn’t have to put my team at a severe disadvantage by being forced to play two for ones or guarantee games.

There's no way he typed that with a straight face ...

“I think that our team has shown on the field that we are far from a typical ‘non-autonomy 5’ opponent.”

He's right, you know. A typical ‘non-autonomy 5’ opponent wouldn't have have winless and undefeated seasons in a 4 year span. DW is the perfect delusional leader for that delusional fan base.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

I love that UCF has put you kids in a position to essentially cheer against your own welfare.   

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Who cares about the G5 getting equal treatment? Our welfare is getting the hell out. I love that UCF has hitched their wagon to being the flag bearer of the kiddie pool.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, UCFKnight04 said:

I love that UCF has put you kids in a position to essentially cheer against your own welfare.   

Apparently UCF is one of a kind in the land of the midgets, according to Ringmaster White, so how are we cheering against our own welfare ...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

@CostSegAdvisor I would still love to know why you would put PSU at number one on your 1-1 list when they have never played at UCF in any form of reality. Sure you guys had an away game and a neutral site game in Ireland and maybe you got called the home team for that game but we both know PSU never actually came to your home.