• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

State of The Bulls...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

A G5 school with limited resources. Efforts are being made to get an indoor practice facility.  

Talent wise- there are some talent at a few positions, but over all the roster needs to be revamped. 

Immediate Needs- 3 quality OL, 3 Lbs, 4 Db's, 3 WR's. 

Good shape- QB, RB... expect 3 QB;s not to be at the position next year. The roster cannot hold 6 scholly QB's and nor should it. I expect BK, CO to transfer and a position change for McCloud or Battle.

The staff needs reconstruction---- OC, OLC, SC, and a dedicated ST coach. If Strong can't win 9 next year the program needs to make a change.

I expect Strong to make room for 10 to 12 new faces that can see the field immediately....whether it be through transfers, Juco or RS players.

The team is not in good position at WR's as first believed. I am hoping McDoom can make an impact. Not sold on St. Felix. I think if Horne comes back he could really give the group a much needed boost from the slot. I am waiting on Zion Roland to step up. We really need to ready to play transfers at LB in addition to Johnston, Reavis and Boyles. 

I think there were some players that should have saw the field as true freshmen that could have played in at least 4 games. Leacock, Williams, Greer, Rowland, Vincent Davis, Kirby, Stephens, Waller.

LLoyd and Carter should also be used in a H-Back position to support the run game. 

The special teams were better, but still borderline horrific as the year went on. I think this team needs to spread teams out and take advantage of the talent that is on the roster...most importantly open the offense up and hold the players accountable. 

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Not a bad rundown and agree w qbs.. I’d say one of CO or BK transfers and prob McCloud changes positions. That leaves 4.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

9 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

If Strong can't win 9 next year the program needs to make a change.

Where's the talent that calls for a 9-win season? The schedule looks like it will be tougher next year and we have a lot of holes to fill in on the depth chart. You even say so in your post.

8 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

The special teams were better, but still borderline horrific as the year went on.

Special teams seemed to get better as the year went on. Kicking and punting improved dramatically in the back half of the season. Our return game looks down because of Horne's two TDs early in the season but it was solid throughout the year.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Where's the talent that calls for a 9-win season? The schedule looks like it will be tougher next year and we have a lot of holes to fill in on the depth chart. You even say so in your post.

We should have enough talent on our roster to win 9+ games every year in this conference

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Special teams seemed to get better as the year went on. Kicking and punting improved dramatically in the back half of the season. Our return game looks down because of Horne's two TDs early in the season but it was solid throughout the year.

I think if we can plug two holes on the OL we can do it. Really good rb group and a solid QB that can thrive if the OC gives him some help. 

I am more afraid of the D.  I think Farrar should be in the nickel back... immediately play kid from UF and hope we can find 2 more transfers that are eligible immediately to step in at LB and DB. We are just that bad on that side of the ball. Strong should have put Leacock and Wall in at the end of the season. He does this stupid stuff and are loyal to dogs more than you know. 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I think if we can plug two holes on the OL we can do it. Really good rb group and a solid QB that can thrive if the OC gives him some help. 

I am more afraid of the D.  I think Farrar should be in the nickel back... immediately play kid from UF and hope we can find 2 more transfers that are eligible immediately to step in at LB and DB. We are just that bad on that side of the ball. Strong should have put Leacock and Wall in at the end of the season. He does this stupid stuff and are loyal to dogs more than you know. 

That's a lot of unproven talent. We may have the personnel to reach 9 wins next year but there's no evidence to work off of. JUCOs and transfers don't always perform the way we expect. From what I've seen, the success rate is around 50% for them.

I think our success next season comes down to the strength and conditioning program. We were too small this season and got beat on both sides of the ball. If they can put on some weight, the young guys in the trenches can push us a long way.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

State of the Bulls....Draw your own metaphor. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

I have no issues with the team or staff. We got rid of Gilbert and that’s all I wanted. I would rather Shaun King be the OC, but will have faith that CCS chose the best person for now. I would personally rather make Shaun King Rd and QB coach if Justin Burke or somebody from the outside is going to be the OC. But I am good with the staff we have right now. As for the players, I think we are good in all positions, just very young. I love the  recruits who came in last year and think we have some studs coming in this year. I feel this off season, many players will take their conditioning to the next level. Players I can’t wait to see play –

1. McDoom
  2. Leacock
  3. Waller
  4. Devante Dukes
  5. The other running backs
  6. Incoming linebackers - Darius Williams and  Demaurez Bellamy
  7. Trey Laing
  8. Stacey Kirby was our highest ranked defensive player recruited. Im not sure if he played, but curious to see if he can ball. Not sure if he is still a linebacker or DE. 

Maaaaan, we have players, just young, and after this summer of conditioning, I see 10 wins next year if not us going undefeated.

Edited by Gatorbull325