• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Our Scheduling Philosophy is a Bad Look

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

central florida can't afford to do deals like this. they have a huge debt service to pay on that stadium. they need home games even if they are against crappy opponents.their stadium seats 20k less than ours.

1 game against UF at home will bring in millions more in revenue for us. 65 k seats at $80 per seat = $5.2M

well worth it.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

central florida can't afford to do deals like this. they have a huge debt service to pay on that stadium. they need home games even if they are against crappy opponents.their stadium seats 20k less than ours.

1 game against UF at home will bring in millions more in revenue for us. 65 k seats at $80 per seat = $5.2M

well worth it.

Sorry man, but I think your math is wrong, I believe Florida gets a cut as well as Rayjay, but I would really like to know what our true forecast is on what we will pocket from this game.  Assuming we hit 50k  I doubt it will be a sellout.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Sorry man, but I think your math is wrong, I believe Florida gets a cut as well as Rayjay, but I would really like to know what our true forecast is on what we will pocket from this game.  Assuming we hit 50k  I doubt it will be a sellout.  

you doubt a game against UF would sell out?

they do get additional tickets but not that many more. we pay them $250k to play here. less than what we get to play there.

we sold a ton of additional season tickets when FSU played here not to mention they sold single game tickets for a premium.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Agree with this, but my point is that really didn't garner us any special respect nor did it aid us in the business partner department when expansion occurred.

Oh ok I see what you’re saying. Solid point.  I would much rather do this though than be part of the bottom g5. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

Dignity is grossly overrated. 'specially when it comes to ho'ing out for football limelight. If we're gonna avoid "anything else that makes us look inferior" , there's gonna be a whole bunch of disappointed FCS schools and a few conference members as well.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Really?? After beating those teams, we became nationally ranked and got a ton of respect. Instead of building on that momentum, we would **** the bed against teams we should've beat. 

If we would've not constantly free fallen after beating the "big boys" we wouldn't have been left behind. 

Mostly because our program derailed when Jim Leavitt was asked to step down and honestly we haven't really got the same hype. Fans stopped supporting and losses filled the right column under Skipper and even Taggart in his first year.

I still find it hard to believe that some still think there's anything we could have done to not be where we are right now ............. other than possibly start football 20 years earlier than we did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, ArmyBull said:

Would rather keep or dignity.  Personally, I would love to see the AAC take a unified stance against 2 for 1s and anything else that makes us look inferior.

Do you really think that the P5's would give a **** about that? There are 4 other conferences out there that would be stumbling all over themselves to get 2-1's with P5's .... and the P5's would probably make a more concerted effort to do 1-1's with each other to make up for any minor inconvenience a boycott by the mighty AAC would garner.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I still find it hard to believe that some still think there's anything we could have done to not be where we are right now ............. other than possibly start football 20 years earlier than we did.

I am yelling ya let’s get the DeLorean up to 80 mph and go to 1970. Shake the **** out of President Allen and show him how the game contributes to the PR and vitality of a university. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Do you really think that the P5's would give a **** about that? There are 4 other conferences out there that would be stumbling all over themselves to get 2-1's with P5's .... and the P5's would probably make a more concerted effort to do 1-1's with each other to make up for any minor inconvenience a boycott by the mighty AAC would garner.

That's exactly right. The UF's of the world don't need to schedule us or ucf. They really have everything to lose. Make the deal, even with unfair terms, then beat them regardless! 

• Upvote 1