• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Scheduling Philosophy is a Bad Look

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

All this is great debate, but all I want to know is who the last 2019 opponent is.

Hopefully not an FCS team. Lets go big or go home, UCF already showed us it wont matter if you dont go big!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Jason Pryor said:

The only reason its an advantage is because we have the oppertunity to beat them and get a name for our program. UCF on the other hand can hardly schedule a game with them. 

Beating Florida will not do much...  we have beaten plenty of name brands over the years and here we are.  Sucks that everything goes back to what c is doing.  I am just talking about us.  It feels like the majority of the board simply forms this blind resistance to whatever c does, therefore we must form the opposite opinion.  It’s not about them.  

I think we tend to do that because the c is a major recruit contender in our great football state of Florida. and the C cant say they were number 2 in the country nor can any other power 5 school. the only reason we did that is because we played and beat the big boys. Our program has been respected since then, but.... its about consistently beating these top programs.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Would rather keep or dignity.  Personally, I would love to see the AAC take a unified stance against 2 for 1s and anything else that makes us look inferior.

Even with this schedule, no matter what they take from we they can't take away our dignity.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

29 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Indeed but we’re don’t have the privilege of playing as good of a schedule that he had back then anymore 

Agree with this, but my point is that really didn't garner us any special respect nor did it aid us in the business partner department when expansion occurred.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Beating Florida will not do much...  we have beaten plenty of name brands over the years and here we are.  Sucks that everything goes back to what c is doing.  I am just talking about us.  It feels like the majority of the board simply forms this blind resistance to whatever c does, therefore we must form the opposite opinion.  It’s not about them.  

Really?? After beating those teams, we became nationally ranked and got a ton of respect. Instead of building on that momentum, we would **** the bed against teams we should've beat. 

If we would've not constantly free fallen after beating the "big boys" we wouldn't have been left behind. 

• Crying 1

Just now, chapelbull said:

Agree with this, but my point is that really didn't garner us any special respect nor did it aid us in the business partner department when expansion occurred.

Mostly because our program derailed when Jim Leavitt was asked to step down and honestly we haven't really got the same hype. Fans stopped supporting and losses filled the right column under Skipper and even Taggart in his first year.

2 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Really?? After beating those teams, we became nationally ranked and got a ton of respect. Instead of building on that momentum, we would **** the bed against teams we should've beat. 

If we would've not constantly free fallen after beating the "big boys" we wouldn't have been left behind. 

And we wouldn't be having this conversation. It is sad we couldn't handle a little cold weather at Rutgers

Edited by Jason Pryor

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

5 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Even with this schedule, no matter what they take from we they can't take away our dignity.

because the greatest love of all is happening to me

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483

How can our philosophy be bad compared to something that hasn't even happened?