• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Scheduling Philosophy is a Bad Look

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

32 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

And WVU. At home. With 100,000 people in attendance in the best college atmosphere game in the history of the multiverse. Everyone who attended was permanently deafened.

What?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

We are playing UF 3 times.

UCF isn't playing them.

That's a good look.

And I bet recruits look at future schedule for sure.  

This is why USF should remain in the Raymond James Stadium. Teams see the benefit of coming to Tampa and playing in the Ray J. Its an advantage, and when we get in the Power 5, watch out its gonna get loud in there like 07

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Guess I am in the minority here.  I don’t think taking an aweful deal that is referred to as “highway robbery” is a good thing.  We will not be changing perception by simply playing Florida, even if we win.  Florida is making out like bandits.  They essentially are playing three home games and getting paid for it.  Our admin allowing us to be bent over a barrel by the top tier P5 is not honorable, does not improve recruiting, etc.  It is a small time mindset.  I would absolutely rather play other P5 teams with home and homes vs. willingly admitting that we are second class and should take whatever the might P5 gives. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

USF and all of the teams in the AAC are in no position to demand 1 for 1 deals with the upper crust Pee Five teams. We may once every now and then get one but if it’s a deal breaker don’t expect many upper level/in state games.

3 minutes ago, Jason Pryor said:

This is why USF should remain in the Raymond James Stadium. Teams see the benefit of coming to Tampa and playing in the Ray J. Its an advantage, and when we get in the Power 5, watch out its gonna get loud in there like 07

Well, that is one way to look at it.  Florida teams see a benefit because they know they can fill that stadium up as if it was a home game.  I for one do not view that as advantageous. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

UF doesn’t play 1-1 against any team not named FSU. Even P5 teams. Have to go back to the early 90s to find the last time they did. Basically if you want them on the schedule 2-1 or 1 away is the only way to do it. 

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

Well, that is one way to look at it.  Florida teams see a benefit because they know they can fill that stadium up as if it was a home game.  I for one do not view that as advantageous. 

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

The only reason its an advantage is because we have the oppertunity to beat them and get a name for our program. UCF on the other hand can hardly schedule a game with them. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

All this is great debate, but all I want to know is who the last 2019 opponent is.

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

USF and all of the teams in the AAC are in no position to demand 1 for 1 deals with the upper crust Pee Five teams. We may once every now and then get one but if it’s a deal breaker don’t expect many upper level/in state games.

Would rather keep or dignity.  Personally, I would love to see the AAC take a unified stance against 2 for 1s and anything else that makes us look inferior.

• Upvote 1