• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Scheduling Philosophy is a Bad Look

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On December 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

You can’t put a price on beating the Gators. We have three chances to do so. Once we beat UF then we will have officially beaten all of the “Big 3” from Florida. UCF haven’t beaten any of the Big 3.

A point well taken GB325. I remember a September day a few years back while I was sweating my butt off at UF field when...we did win the first half !! Ha..Of course they came out in the 2nd half and beat us but...in horseshoes we would have had a leaner...Actually, I think it scared the Bjezus out of them. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

A point well taken GB325. I remember a September day a few years back while I was sweating my butt off at UF field when...we did win the first half !! Ha..Of course they came out in the 2nd half and beat us but...in horseshoes we would have had a leaner...Actually, I think it scared the Bjezus out of them. 

Time flies. Was 8 years ago.  A week after our daughter's wedding.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Exactly. Make it a 5-1 if we have to. Anything is better than UMass/Elon

That’s a false choice. It’s not UF or UMass. It’s really a 2-1 with UF or a 1-1 with some mid level ACC or B10 team. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Such a frustrating game. We stopped doing everything in the 2nd half that worked in the first. BJ went from killing them with the option, to getting killed by dropping back in the pocket.

I have no doubt that Leavitt would have won that game over Holtz/Fitch.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Such a frustrating game. We stopped doing everything in the 2nd half that worked in the first. BJ went from killing them with the option, to getting killed by dropping back in the pocket.

Maybe xCJL would have won that UF game, but he'd absolutely have dropped a few others to Pitt, UConn, etc. We've never had anyone better at winning the games we had no business winning and losing the games we took for granted. Though I guess I'd be marginally more happy today sitting here saying we went 9-4 in 2010 as opposed to 8-5 with a win over a middle of the pack 8-5 UF team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Maybe xCJL would have won that UF game, but he'd absolutely have dropped a few others to Pitt, UConn, etc. We've never had anyone better at winning the games we had no business winning and losing the games we took for granted. Though I guess I'd be marginally more happy today sitting here saying we went 9-4 in 2010 as opposed to 8-5 with a win over a middle of the pack 8-5 UF team.

One could make the case that if CJL could have won a few BE titles we would be in a P5 conference now...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

I dont think that was the problem. You try chasing Jeff Demps around all day with a 100+ heat index and see how well that goes. Also pretty sure BJ kept throwing to ththe other team in the second half, just like he did in the first.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

25 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I dont think that was the problem. You try chasing Jeff Demps around all day with a 100+ heat index and see how well that goes. Also pretty sure BJ kept throwing to ththe other team in the second half, just like he did in the first.

Your second sentence supports my thesis. You don't throw interceptions with read-options, and we stopped doing what was working.

Pretty sure Demps also had to endure the conditions like everyone else.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Time flies. Was 8 years ago.  A week after our daughter's wedding.

Oh yeah I remember nice wedding.

Actually i wasnt there. Just wanted to make you feel good..😁

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, BayIslandBull said:

Your second sentence supports my thesis. You don't throw interceptions with read-options, and we stopped doing what was working.

Pretty sure Demps also had to endure the conditions like everyone else.

Fair enough, but I maintain that that game came down to depth. We could match them for most of a half with the starters, but we obviously couldn't hang for an entire game.