• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Scheduling Philosophy is a Bad Look

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

On 12/15/2018 at 10:50 AM, Triple B said:

You've been around for 15 years and THIS is one of the worst moves by an ad? I think the overreaction to this is a little over the top. We've got 3 ooc games against a usually good football program. The location of those games isn't near as important as the games themselves.

I wouldn't say the worst move by an AD, and, I admittedly do not know all of the particulars, but UCF announcing a 1 and 1 with U of L at the same time we announce a 2 and 1 makes us appear inferior. Thankfully, the outside world really doesn't care, but in the small, angry vacuum in which USF and UCF reside, it does sting a little. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

I wouldn't say the worst move by an AD, and, I admittedly do not know all of the particulars, but UCF announcing a 1 and 1 with U of L at the same time we announce a 2 and 1 makes us appear inferior. Thankfully, the outside world really doesn't care, but in the small, angry vacuum in which USF and UCF reside, it does sting a little. 

The outside world doesn't care at all. One morning they'll turn on their TV and see we're playing Louisville later that day. Zero thoughts and/or fucks will be given in regards to our deal and even less to our program if we get our asses beat.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Of all the recent USF/UCF stuff that stings, this isn't even on the radar .... I think at times we have fans that go above and beyond looking for stuff to feel sorry about and overreact (not referring to your post as an example, btw).

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

UCF is just trying to rationalize the ****** schedule that's coming for them.  We'll play anybody any place. It's better to see us frequently playing power 5 schools and I honestly don't care if it's a 2-1.  That's three opportunities we get to beat P 5 schools.  Fans sweating scheduling... we've been able to secure some good games and if we have a good team that schedule will make us look even better. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

I’m so glad the rest of the nation (INB4 some smartass “no one in the country cares, bro” post) now pretty much hates UCF and their fans as much as we do.

Feels good man.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

In the end, who cares? As long as we're in the AAC, picking up name opponents is never a bad thing when the rest of our schedule is Tulsa and SMU. We're still going to have a UMass or two on the schedule and we can easily massage those to give us more home games to balance out a 2-1 with Louisville and the like. I'm perfectly fine with playing UF twice rather than not at all and leaking emails where our AD tries to look like a badass, but has nothing to show for it. Call me when he actually picks up a legit opponent on his terms.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

UCF is just trying to rationalize the ****** schedule that's coming for them.  We'll play anybody any place. It's better to see us frequently playing power 5 schools and I honestly don't care if it's a 2-1.  That's three opportunities we get to beat P 5 schools.  Fans sweating scheduling... we've been able to secure some good games and if we have a good team that schedule will make us look even better. 

We have an IPF to finance.  Thanks, Cards!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Ricky the Bull said:

We have an IPF to finance.  Thanks, Cards!

indeed... 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/17/2018 at 4:35 PM, Calibull said:

Exactly. Make it a 5-1 if we have to. Anything is better than UMass/Elon

• Upvote 1