• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

www.firecharliestrong.com is coming down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Skip was the captain of the ship. In this case, Charlie Strong is the captain, yet everyone pinned the woes of USF football on Gilbert even though our defense was awful (and that's being nice). We finished 104th in the nation in yards allowed/game. Our defense was ranked 101st in the nation overall (the year before we were 14th overall). Strong is the defensive guru and Brian Jean-Mary received minimal flack all season (especially compared to Gilbert), yet this is a tremendous drop. Why are we keeping the DC? That is not a Gilbert issue...

Well be BJM got to USF, we were ranked 107th in defense. His first year he got us to 37th. We lost like a big chunk of our defensive stars, players were young and our offense sucked. The defense had many stops but if the offense is averaging 2-3 turnovers per game and going 3 and out every play, the defense will tire out. You see, BJM at least had ONE successful season in which he improved the defense. Gilbert has made the offense regree BOTH years. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,450
  • Days Won:  13

16 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Why are you taking it down? Just curious... doesn't the captain lead the ship? The ship has been sinking. Did Charlie personally call you and show you something that is going to change the direction of our team's performance? Just curious why the change of heart? If Sterlin Gilbert starts crushing it at McNeese and we're still sucking, there's going to be a lot of USF fans feeling very stupid in a year or two. If Gilbert is fired from McNeese within three seasons, I'll be the one feeling stupid (McNeese isn't afraid to can a coach with a winning record).

May bring it back during next season, depending on how we preform. I have a buddy who will help me put together a better site. No sence is paying to host the limited site I was able to put together during the off season when it will get no traffic. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Didn't he say that before last year? You know, the year where we ranked 6th offensively and 14th overall defensively ..... Coaches don't usually forget how to coach from year to the next.

That shows last year's success was more due to talent than coaching. Same coaches, different players in 2018 and you see the results. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

That shows last year's success was more due to talent than coaching. Same coaches, different players in 2018 and you see the results. 

Exactly. Which means this year’s “failure” was more due to the lack of that same talent than coaching. Thanks for the assist. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Exactly. Which means this year’s “failure” was more due to the lack of that same talent than coaching. Thanks for the assist. 

Or it could say good players cover for average coaching...:drummer:

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

May bring it back during next season, depending on how we preform. I have a buddy who will help me put together a better site. No sence is paying to host the limited site I was able to put together during the off season when it will get no traffic. 

Doesn’t matter why it’s down, just glad it is. That nonsense made Bulls fans look like fools for wanting to fire a coach after only 2 years, with a 17-7 record. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

Or it could say good players cover for average coaching...:drummer:

That’s the beauty of it. It’s like a one size fits all scenario. 

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Football will always be more about the Jimmys and joes than the Xs and Os. 

When you win, when you lose, it’s always about the X’s and O’s ..... at least in parts of TBP Land.