• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

www.firecharliestrong.com is coming down

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

I am taking the site down on 12/24. Will still own the rights to the web address though. Maybe someday I can sell it and make some cash and retire.

• Haha 1
  • ???? 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I am taking the site down on 12/24. Will still own the rights to the web address though. Maybe someday I can sell it and make some cash and retire.

Maybe you can drop some coin and get the naming rights for a mid December bowl game.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

There is always next year 😄

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

23 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Maybe you can drop some coin and get the naming rights for a mid December bowl game.

Can see it now:  USF vs Marshall in the firecharliestrong.com Bowl.  Priceless

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Why are you taking it down? Just curious... doesn't the captain lead the ship? The ship has been sinking. Did Charlie personally call you and show you something that is going to change the direction of our team's performance? Just curious why the change of heart? If Sterlin Gilbert starts crushing it at McNeese and we're still sucking, there's going to be a lot of USF fans feeling very stupid in a year or two. If Gilbert is fired from McNeese within three seasons, I'll be the one feeling stupid (McNeese isn't afraid to can a coach with a winning record).

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Why are you taking it down? Just curious... doesn't the captain lead the ship? The ship has been sinking. Did Charlie personally call you and show you something that is going to change the direction of our team's performance? Just curious why the change of heart? If Sterlin Gilbert starts crushing it at McNeese and we're still sucking, there's going to be a lot of USF fans feeling very stupid in a year or two. If Gilbert is fired from McNeese within three seasons, I'll be the one feeling stupid (McNeese isn't afraid to can a coach with a winning record).

We fired Skip Holtz and he was successful after......I still don't miss Skip Holtz....carry on. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We fired Skip Holtz and he was successful after......I still don't miss Skip Holtz....carry on. 

Skip was the captain of the ship. In this case, Charlie Strong is the captain, yet everyone pinned the woes of USF football on Gilbert even though our defense was awful (and that's being nice). We finished 104th in the nation in yards allowed/game. Our defense was ranked 101st in the nation overall (the year before we were 14th overall). Strong is the defensive guru and Brian Jean-Mary received minimal flack all season (especially compared to Gilbert), yet this is a tremendous drop. Why are we keeping the DC? That is not a Gilbert issue...

Strong was the person that discussed slowing the offense down. Gilbert has always produced top notch offenses (even in a bad year, our offense dropped from 6th in the nation last year to 32nd this season). Could Strong's wishes to slow the offense down have thrown off Gilbert's weekly game planning? Who knows... but I guess we'll know soon enough - especially if the school is on the hook for a buyout of Strong's contract similar to Texas.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

Skip was the captain of the ship. In this case, Charlie Strong is the captain, yet everyone pinned the woes of USF football on Gilbert even though our defense was awful (and that's being nice). We finished 104th in the nation in yards allowed/game. Our defense was ranked 101st in the nation overall (the year before we were 14th overall). Strong is the defensive guru and Brian Jean-Mary received minimal flack all season (especially compared to Gilbert), yet this is a tremendous drop. Why are we keeping the DC? That is not a Gilbert issue...

Strong was the person that discussed slowing the offense down. Gilbert has always produced top notch offenses (even in a bad year, our offense dropped from 6th in the nation last year to 32nd this season). Could Strong's wishes to slow the offense down have thrown off Gilbert's weekly game planning? Who knows... but I guess we'll know soon enough - especially if the school is on the hook for a buyout of Strong's contract similar to Texas.

Well slowing down the offense sure didn't help the defense...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

Didn't he say that before last year? You know, the year where we ranked 6th offensively and 14th overall defensively ..... Coaches don't usually forget how to coach from year to the next. I think there wasn't near enough "blame" being put on the experience we lost on both sides of the ball. As a team, I think we overachieved first half of the season and underachieved the last half, with 7-8 wins about right for a total. Next year hopefully a lot of the playing time for the younger guys pays off and it's not a continuation of the last half of the year ..... barring, of course, that "mass transfer" that's still looming.