• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grant of Rights back on the table in the American

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Hypothetical: You say no amount of money is worth it, what if magically, the AAC gave us $50 million a year? I know it's not possible, but would that be enough since we'd be able to pay teams to come play us now? Michigan and UF got $6 million apiece to play last year. 

If in this fairytale land where people give the AAC money to play games no one cares about there is also magically a shift in perception and access and we get rid of every other team in the conference besides Cincinnati and UCONN and also magically rade the P5 Conferences then sure I guess in that hypothetical scenario we should sign up. Also not sure where your getting your conference distribution numbers from but the BIG 10 and SEC are paying out way more than our dream numbers or what you stated. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If in this fairytale land where people give the AAC money to play games no one cares about there is also magically a shift in perception and access and we get rid of every other team in the conference besides Cincinnati and UCONN and also magically rade the P5 Conferences then sure I guess in that hypothetical scenario we should sign up. Also not sure where your getting your conference distribution numbers from but the BIG 10 and SEC are paying out way more than our dream numbers or what you stated. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-cowboys-classic-game-vs-florida-to-net-michigan-6-million/

That's where I got the number for how much Michigan and UF got to play last year.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-cowboys-classic-game-vs-florida-to-net-michigan-6-million/

That's where I got the number for how much Michigan and UF got to play last year.

Oh for one game, that makes sense but I’m not sure what it has to do with how much we get paid out for an entire season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, mellobull said:

If offered 15 mil , it would be a suitable sum but don't think it would be enough to sign away all rights to expansion 

$15 mil would  definitely do it but I can’t see that much being offered. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Oh for one game, that makes sense but I’m not sure what it has to do with how much we get paid out for an entire season.

My point was, you said no amount of money would do the trick. If we had a **** ton of money, we could easily pay UF or Michigan the same amount to get them to come to us, or at least a 1:1.

Just now, JTrue said:

My point was, you said no amount of money would do the trick. If we had a **** ton of money, we could easily pay UF or Michigan the same amount to get them to come to us, or at least a 1:1.

Yes but then the majority of your schedule would be filled with also rans. The issue isn’t that we have to play a G5 school a couple of times a season it’s that 5/6 of our schedule is garbage so there is only so much 1/6 can make up for that. It’s like if I had a cup of **** (the aac) and I started asking you how much water (Michigan) I needed to add to the cup before you think it’s a cup of water and not a cup of ****. I don’t think there is an amount where I still don’t think it’s a cup of **** but I know for certain it’s going to take more than the addition of 1/6 the volume.

Just now, puc86 said:

Yes but then the majority of your schedule would be filled with also rans. The issue isn’t that we have to play a G5 school a couple of times a season it’s that 5/6 of our schedule is garbage so there is only so much 1/6 can make up for that. It’s like if I had a cup of **** (the aac) and I started asking you how much water (Michigan) I needed to add to the cup before you think it’s a cup of water and not a cup of ****. I don’t think there is an amount where I still don’t think it’s a cup of **** but I know for certain it’s going to take more than the addition of 1/6 the volume.

Well, I had the stomach flu earlier this week, so I can assure you, there is an amount that's mostly water. Spoiler alert: it comes out hot and extremely fast. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

51 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

What does UNLV have to offer besides the market? San Diego St. has the better market and credentials across the board. Their one downfall imo is they are just too far geographically removed.

45 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That he lives in Vegas

And a fun trip for Bulls fans every 4 years + games in that new Raiders stadium we're footing way too much of the bill for. I digress, who wouldn't want a Vegas road game every 4 years?

Edited by 206BULL

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Well, I had the stomach flu earlier this week, so I can assure you, there is an amount that's mostly water. Spoiler alert: it comes out hot and extremely fast. 

I have the same reaction every time I think about the teams in our conference.

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

And a fun trip for Bulls fans every 4 years + games in that new Raiders stadium we're footing way too much of the bill for. I digress, who wouldn't want a Vegas road game every 4 years?

It sounds more appealing than any of the current cities I have no desire to visit.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  96
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Your username is 206 Bull, were you ever in Seattle?