• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grant of Rights back on the table in the American

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, TyBull said:

When the Big East dissolved, WVU worked full time "24-7" to get into another P-5 Conference as did Louisville. They were both prepared & ready when the expansion opportunity presented itself. We need out of the AAC (For a P-5 Conference) not for independence.

Maybe, just maybe USF needs to learn from history.

IMHO, USF & UCF are the top 2 P-5 Expansion targets.

Markets, TV, Location and up & coming programs.

I've read that somewhere, not sure where though...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This getting interesting. It may proposed that some AAC teams make more than others. If the big 5 vote yes and the rest vote no could the 5 simply go their own way and create a new league with MWC and BYU?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Nobody with a realistic shot at going anywhere is signing a GOR....   Unless the AAC can lock those schools with "potential options" in at something like 20+ mill a team this is dead in the water....   

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Nobody with a realistic shot at going anywhere is signing a GOR....   Unless the AAC can lock those schools with "potential options" in at something like 20+ mill a team this is dead in the water....   

Yet the odds that expansion will happen is pretty low. I agree a GOR won’t happen as it will require all 12 teams to sign the deal. But, at the same time, I am not buying that expansion is going to occur.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yet the odds that expansion will happen is pretty low. I agree a GOR won’t happen as it will require all 12 teams to sign the deal. But, at the same time, I am not buying that expansion is going to occur.

Unless a GOR opens the door for a HUGE difference in guaranteed dollars there is no reason to sign it.  It puts a cap on your future opportunities and I doubt the AAC will be able to get enough money to make schools even consider signing it.   But hey, if they can get somebody to guarantee $20mill per school for the schools in the upper tier then you listen to what they have to say.  But if it's a normal modest bump out there like is anticipated you don't sign anything.     

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

It’s laughable that the AAC feels it has this kind of pull, no one is here by choice we are the land of misfit toys with ever member trying to gtfo ASAP. Offering people 10 percent more of the zero dollar AAC contract money to sacrifice any hope their fans have of getting called up is amazingly oblivious to the type power difference between being P5 and P6.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,251
  • Days Won:  25

Who would sign this besides Tulane and Tulsa?

53 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Maybe the big 5 programs get $14 mil and the rest a lower amount. This is what is being discussed. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Could this force the Big XII to reconsider its expansion plans? There may be a couple of viable non-AAC options out there (eg BYU, Boise, etc) but not many. If the Big XII has been sitting on its laurels because we weren’t going anywhere, well... ?

Devil’s in the details, but I could live with making close to $15-20m in the AAC for 5-10 years, so long as there’s a path to the playoffs via an 8-team format (this is the key). Easier to get a bid in that format in the AAC than in the Big XII playing the likes of Texas,  Oklahoma, Okie State etc every year... 

I trust Kelly to make the call.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Who would sign this besides Tulane and Tulsa?

ECU would sign as well