• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you agree?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm assuming you just copied your previous post in answer to mine. I got it. Negotiations have got to start somewhere, but never start them at the bottom, or so high that your target hangs up on you.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I'm assuming you just copied your previous post in answer to mine. I got it. Negotiations have got to start somewhere, but never start them at the bottom, or so high that your target hangs up on you.

I agree with that

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

56 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

USF will play anyone, anywhere, anytime. 

GO BULLS!

And....CCS will find a way to lose those games.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

You can't complain that someone won't play you, and then say you only play on "x" terms. Whether we like it or not, the P5 has the advantage and the only way to make it in their world is to play on their terms.

I do agree that when it comes down to expansion negotiations, the conferences are going to be more willing to work with the teams that have been better business partners. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,741
  • Days Won:  3

I agree completely with the article.

You know, there's this word that gets under my skin: 'deserve'.  How, exactly, is the 'deserve' factor defined? Having played a mediocre schedule and mopping up doesn't mean you necessarily "deserve" to be included with teams that play - in essence - UCF bowl opponent games on a weekly basis. Once upon a time Tulane - captained by Shaun King - went undefeated, and for entertainment purposes (as we often have nothing to do) the discussion was "Hey? Undefeated? So why ain't the Green Wave champions? Why ain't they playin' in this new BEE-CEE-ESS thing?". 

That's where we part ways. Yeah, you practiced (just like everyone else did) and you played hard (just like everyone else did), but you just didn't play the hard games (which everyone (P5) else did). That simple. You don't "deserve" having P5 schools do anything but 2:1. If you honest-to-god wanna be in with the in-crowd, you play by the dictates of the in-crowd. Not 1:1 at this time. After you've earned your patch, then we can talk 1:1. Until then, it's either 2:1 or Charleston Southern. You don't have to like it. You don't have to think it's "fair" (another word that grates on me). You just gotta do it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

So how exactly do G5 teams win their patch?  How many P5 schools do you have to take down and what exactly is the threshold to which a G5 "deserves" a 1:1?  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So how exactly do G5 teams win their patch?  How many P5 schools do you have to take down and what exactly is the threshold to which a G5 "deserves" a 1:1?  

As soon as a G5 team provides enough value to make a 1:1 worth it, they'll start getting those offers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

As soon as a G5 team provides enough value to make a 1:1 worth it, they'll start getting those offers.

Do you mean financially?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

I stopped reading once I got to that guy's retraction (about how ucf got their 2013 bowl) where he showed he didn't do his homework.  

Do P5 schools want to avoid G5 schools that are good?  Probably.  Lot to lose, little to gain.  UF in particular *has* avoided USF.  They delayed our 2015 game, and then made us sign a new deal this year (surprise! a 2 for 1) just to get it back on the schedule.

Do 2 for 1s mean they are afraid to play someone?  Idunno.  People talk like that but I don't understand the big hubba baloo.  Think of it as a 1 for 1 with a bonus away game.

I don't have a problem with UCF or UF in their case.  UCF wants to negotiate a different series with UF, one they think is more fair; so be it.  And for UF, at least they are open to scheduling something.  I'd take the deal if I were UCF but again I don't really understand why the 2 for 1s are a slight.  (Feel free to educate me about it tho)

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

A better question would be "do you care?" I sure don't.

If you stop talking about them, they eventually just go away.