• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Recruiting? Yeah, pretty good...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

There are going to be some impressive exhibitions of self-deception by some on this board if coach is addressing their complaints, one by one.  "I was the first one to say 'he sucks'" will change to "I always said he will come around to see it my way".  This board is a smorgasbord of fan pathologies and, at times, a playground for psych majors.  :lmao:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

There are going to be some impressive exhibitions of self-deception by some on this board if coach is addressing their complaints, one by one.  "I was the first one to say 'he sucks'" will change to "I always said he will come around to see it my way".  This board is a smorgasbord of fan pathologies and, at times, a playground for psych majors.  :lmao:

majoring in psych requires a pathology of its own.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

If their average player is rated than ours, they are out-recruiting us. If school A only has a few openings and takes 10 4*s and school B has 20 openings but takes 19 2*s and one 3*, school B will have the higher point total. School B did not out-recruit school A. Preface all of this that it’s rivals and 24/7 has a more accurate system, but I digress. 

the difference is .18 which comes down to one more three star player than us, they don't have any four stars or five stars, just more three star player. we beat that by getting three more players on the roster. the difference between a three star player and a two star players is pretty minimal in terms of impact. Stop looking for things to **** on. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

9 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Absolutely love how recruiting has become this thing that seems to matter to some people as much as the numbers on the scoreboard and in the wins & losses columns.

You know that saying that goes around every time we start losing under a new coach: "The cupboard was left empty?"  If Strong isn't here after next season for whatever reason nobody will be able to say that.  The same people that think looking at recruiting numbers is ridiculous are usually the same ones that gripe about our recruiting classes not being strong enough when we start losing.  If we were dead last in the AAC then people would be calling for Strong's head for that reason, too.  

Not saying that having a good recruiting class can measure up to actual on field play, but if we weren't recruiting well then people would be harping on that. 

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,240

23 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

the difference is .18 which comes down to one more three star player than us, they don't have any four stars or five stars, just more three star player. we beat that by getting three more players on the roster. the difference between a three star player and a two star players is pretty minimal in terms of impact. Stop looking for things to **** on. 

I couldn't help but laugh at his comments about non-existent 4 & 5 star recruits.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

41 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

majoring in psych requires a pathology of its own.

How many Psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?

None.  The light bulb must be willing to change itself.  It knows what it needs to do. 😁

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I can't dog Strong on recruiting we have seen this season some great freshmen like Horne, Ford, Bell...if Strong gets a solid OC and let's him do his thing and keeps bringing in solid players I think we can do well despite Strong being a avg at best in game coach. 

Bell was a taggart recruit

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I love how every one is jumping up and down about a large recruiting class. I'll wait and see how they pan out. Also, many of you stated CCS would bring in a higher calibur of player and stated they'd be 4 and 5 stars, not my words. Now here you are minimalizing the differences between ratings. They were your words not mine but, when I remind people, I'm some sort of bad guy.

Please try to stick to one side of the fence or the other.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I love how every one is jumping up and down about a large recruiting class. I'll wait and see how they pan out. Also, many of you stated CCS would bring in a higher calibur of player and stated they'd be 4 and 5 stars, not my words. Now here you are minimalizing the differences between ratings. They were your words not mine but, when I remind people, I'm some sort of bad guy.

I challenge you to provide one example of any marginally rational poster here who claimed CCS would pull 5 star recruits.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I’ll call you out on this. Please show me one post where anyone said there would be consistent 4 & 5 stars coming here because of CCS...total BS on your part. In terms of waiting to see how they pan out? Well no **** scherlock, EVERY SCHOOL in the nation has to that. We had to do that for MVS, Mack, etc. In terms of the side of the fence, it is quiet clear which one you sit on, and if these players and/or team are successful in the next two years, you will be served a delicious plate of Crow Sandwich served with a refreshing drink called Haterade...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1